Steve Morison

AOB & Morison don’t get on too well :shake:
I wasn't aware of that but did think how he'll fare with his new Manager. Scored once in 20 games and you'd imagine that Morison would want a bit more than that out of him. He's 30 now so this could be his last league club unless he's gonna keep dropping down a division.

I wasn't aware of that but did think how he'll fare with his new Manager. Scored once in 20 games and you'd imagine that Morison would want a bit more than that out of him. He's 30 now so this could be his last league club unless he's gonna keep dropping down a division.
The bottom line is that Morison didn’t rate him at Millwall but who knows, at this level he might need him.
Re dropping down a division, Sutton are 4/11 to be relegated so that's looking likely

Seen Sutton a couple of times this season as it’s walking distance from me . O’Brien and Smith didn’t look anything special at this level and the football was absolutely dreadful under Marty Gray who was sacked in November.Can’t think why he’d want to leave Hornchurch who were running away with the Isthmian league . Very ambitious moneyed backing there too , hope he does well at Sutton but really think he’s onto a hiding for nothing .

Wonder what players like AOB and Harry Smith will think. Can't imagine it would feel to different from when they played together, as I'm sure Morro as a manager isn't too dissimilar to when he was a player, just less authority.

I'm hoping he does well regardless.

Wonder what players like AOB and Harry Smith will think. Can't imagine it would feel to different from when they played together, as I'm sure Morro as a manager isn't too dissimilar to when he was a player, just less authority.

I'm hoping he does well regardless.
Actually, he has three ex-Millwall team-mates at Gander Green Lane!
AOB and Harry Smith, as you mention, and Craig Eastmond who we had on a lengthy loan from Arsenal in our first season back in tier two under Kenny Jacket, now 13 years ago....
(Edit) Oh, sorry Peckham...,just spotted you mentioned that....!
I have seen Sutton a couple of times this season and AOB was outstanding in both matches. His work rate on the defensive side was something we rarely saw at The Den. His first touch is a cut above at that level and he is, it appears, about the only player they currently have who can lay on a goal.
He is now quite the rounded professional.

Last edited:
I have seen Sutton a couple of times this season and AOB was outstanding in both matches. His work rate on the defensive side was something we rarely saw at The Den. His first touch is a cut above at that level and he is, it appears, about the only player they currently have who can lay on a goal.
He is now quite the rounded professional.
That';s refreshing to hear.