Steve Kavanagh

Lionsteele

Can anyone explain to me why he gets so much backlash from some of the fans?

I read a lot of the comments online about the FA cup replays and he himself has spoken to a Millwall fan channel stating:

"I don’t and didn’t agree with it and feel it’s spineless to use faceless spokespersons to try to shift the blame to people who aren’t even party to the agreement"

It seems to have started previously when spoke to Jim white and ridiculed some of the fans for a poor choice of chanting & rightly so, the club don’t need it.

Kieran Maguire has said previously Millwall is one of the best run clubs in the division despite all its challenges. Ok I understand he got Edwards & Aldo in which has had its moments but we’ve had much much worst windows when you look at some of the signings we have made this year compared to before.

I am genuinely trying to find reasons why if someone can explain?

I think fans need to be careful with this one. His job is to improve the club & the club is slowly filling up with full a stadium week after week.

When I have asked people in the past they legitimately cannot give me a valid reason to why they dislike him other than what they have heard from someone else or ‘they’re just not a fan of him’.

Fair enough if you have your reasons I am just asking why?

I personally think he may not fully understand what it’s like to be a Millwall fan but of what I know, he is doing a great job for the club & I hope it continues.

Last edited:
SK has been good for this club, I also don't understand the grief he gets at all.
He had a great relationship with JB, so if anyone doubts his loyalty and enthusiasm towards the club, I suggest they have a watch of the tribute video he made regarding the passing of JB - It was very moving.

He was a credit to the club the way he dealt with the tragic events over the summer.

I don’t understand why SK gets stick 🤔 I think he’s done a good job 👍

It’s not uncommon on this Forum for scapegoats to be targeted (e.g. Livermore and Barrett) based on assumptions (often ill founded) and I don’t envisage that will change 🤷‍♂️
Have to completely disagree with Livermore,
Could'nt doubt his commitment and work rate but was'nt really very good.
Histon FC gave him biggest budget,record:- W 7 D8 L 28.
Next job Millwall coach??? Really was'nt very good

Have to completely disagree with Livermore,
Could'nt doubt his commitment and work rate but was'nt really very good.
Histon FC gave him biggest budget,record:- W 7 D8 L 28.
Next job Millwall coach??? Really was'nt very good
Hasn't Edwards proved you can be a top coach but not a good manager?
Also not a great comparison, small non league club compared to coaching players at a level he played his career at.

And billy Mitchell 😂 sorry resist.
Just for the record, I made an assessment of Billy several weeks back based on my observations and giving examples (some of which could be viewed in game highlights) not assumptions, concluding only time will tell if I’m right or wrong. Since then I’ve posted nothing (good or bad) about Billy 🤷‍♂️

I appreciate your post is a tongue in cheek joke, but it’s another example of a comment not based on facts :wagging:😉😂

Last edited:
Since then I’ve posted nothing (good or bad) about Billy 🤷‍♂️

I appreciate your post is a tongue in cheek joke, but it’s another example of a comment not based on facts :wagging:😉😂
I had noticed that , especially after young Billy's exceptional performance last week . 😏

Here is a link with his interview on the scrapping of FA Cup replays.
It's worth a read:

Say it as it is. Great interview, shows that the FA are "Spinless". Will there be repercussions against him, time will tell!

Say it as it is. Great interview, shows that the FA are "Spinless". Will there be repercussions against him, time will tell!
We haven’t heard the last of this and the government are intervening so I expect this to be overturned like the Super League plans. Football is our game not the Premshit suits.