Steve Kavanagh interview

A sad and moving interview. Listening to Steve you can hear just how much he admired JB but also that Steve was always, keeping an eye on him wondering what’s JB getting up to next. The walking round the pitch before the last match and that ovation from every one in the stands was something else and shows fans of other clubs how we feel about the best Chairman we have ever had.

A very difficult listen but a fitting tribute. Steve has learnt from the best and also seems to understand us, unlike other CEO’s that were happy to sell us down the river. It seems as though JBs culture and approach has rubbed off of Steve. Unfortunately it’s taken a tragic accident like this for me to see how lucky we are with the current management team.

Great but tough listen had me welling up to be honest

fitting tribute to a mountain of a man as would a sold out Den every home game this season

JB put his money heart and soul by the sounds of it into the club would be great of a few thousand extra bums on seats to help move us to the next step

A very moving 15 minute interview that had me in tears by the end .....my god we have lost a true gentleman, let's now ALL do him proud
Thanks for the mate and it had me in tears and I’m sure many others in the the Millwall family.

JB came from a different world than most of us who grew up on local Council Estates and yet he became not only our Leader but also one of us in every sense, we have lost a man who cannot be replaced.

The impact he had on a club most Chairman would not touch with a bargepole was immense and i dread to think where we would be today if he had not been our Leader.

The best Chairman and Human Being of any Football club in the UK has gone, we were lucky to be graced with his presence.

Thanks for that link, a lot of emotion coming through. Though I never knew him or had the chance to meet him a lot of what is being said is how I did know him. Coming out the last game of the season to clap the fans. And it wasn't just a centre circle clap and turn, he was over at every stand taking his time and the crowd gave back to him.
He will be missed, and we will remember him. Thanks for everything you did JB.

Listening to that you can almost feel how much Kavanagh wants to continue and see his bosses plans and wishes through. They obviously had a very good bond .underestanding of trust with each other and loyal to the bone. I trust him and believe that Kavanagh will be highly driven to see us through this tough period and for the road ahead.

Last edited:

Members online