Squad Review

silverlion

Staff member
Not the the dust has settled on a very mixed season with a sensational end now is the time to look at who we have, who we keep and who we get shot of.
Keepers
Shark has improved well in the latter part of the season and should be out number one for next year.
Bart. Great bloke who eventually ran out of shelf life but was a great number two and could always be relied on….unless we play Reading in the Cobblers Cup!
Trueman. The unknown man. Never seen him play but clearly not good enough to challenge Shark. Get rid.

Defenders. Danny has come on well during the season. Really feisty at times. Good engine. Almost never lets you down. Keep
Leonard. Absolutely solid.POTS by a country mile. Injury and age are his biggest concerns. Might need to move him to CB and give Danny full rein at RB
Tango. Improved in the latter part of the season. Absolutely solid. Would love to keep but wages and the possibility of selling him on for bigger money than we have got is likely.
Cooper. Solid servant who almost never lets you down. Needs a good partner to play really well. Keep
Murray. Mr Reliable. Never lets you down. Age and injury concerns make him 50/50 to stay. Might be a good back up.
Joe. Injury and age have caught up with him. Good going forward but can be suspect in defence. 50/50 about keeping him.
Hutch. Another Mr Reliable. Injury and age have caught up with him. Only a dozen or so starts this season. Might be worth another one year. 50/50 about whether that might happen.
Alex Mitchell. Solid loan at Lincoln but is he good enough to step up to Championship football? Not sure he is. Sell him on…maybe to Lincoln?
Okoli. Loan at Bromley curtailed by injury. Not sure he is ready to step up. Might need to move him on.
Nino. Good loan at Sutton. Might need a more challenging loan next season as not sure whether he is up to the mark yet.

Midfield. Longman has stepped up to the mark and wants to be here next season Sign him up.
Billy. Wind him up and watch him go. Good season but will he be anything other than a solid and reliable workhorse? Jury is out on that one. Keep but don’t expect any more that we have seen this season.
Sav. Leader and hard working player. Time will catch up with him next season but never lets you down.
Watmore. Decent player who works very hard but injury and form can let you down. Can have his moments.
Honeyman. Very hard working who gives his all, great team player and can have very good moments. Keep.
Esse. Great prospect who is making good progress.Not the finished article yet but will get there. Very humble.
BNC. Had his moments but not always as consistent as he could be. At times flattered to deceive.
Casper. Great touch and vision but a bit lightweight at times. Potential but could be better.
Campbell. The forgotten man who never played much and should be heading back to Luton.

Forwards. Flem. Bought as an investment. Did not quite live up to first season promise. One year left on his contract. Sell for £4m plus if you can which would double our money.
Oba. Flattered to deceive. Flash but not as good as he thinks he is. Right to send him back to Burnley where he can make the tea.
Tom. Works his nuts off. One more year is worth it but after that who knows?
Rab. Much potential but injured and indifferent at times. Would not be missed but will anyone come in with enough to tempt him back to Sweaty Land. I doubt it.
Mayor. Not had a chance yet but could be decent given a chance.

So, what do we need.
A back up keeper. Ex PL with experience who can challenge Shark if needed.
CB. Can’t count on our ageing CB’s to remain injury free
RB. Danny might need competition.
Midfield A driving box to box man who can score.
Attacker. A target man who can hold the ball up and find the back of the net consistently..

What are your thoughts?

In the main agree, be happy with another forward and a central defender. If Flemming leaves it will help fund those positions.
Think there is more to come from Nisbet , then we have Mayor , Esse and a couple more to make the squad.
Mike , Campbell, not wanted.
Would be happy about BNC and Tangatang signing though.

Forgot all about him! He has become a bit of a forgotten man. Can do a job and good for back up although his lack of starts under NH makes me think he is not the number one choice for Neil

Biggest thing for me is who steps up from the academy. Alex Mitchell has to be given a chance Pre-Season although he will have been watched at Lincoln so club may have already made a decision. Abdom- Malaki looked good and had a good stint at Sutton hope he gets a chance Pre-Season. Boateng, Lawson, Leahy will club keep and integrate into the squad or keep and send out on loan. If Flemming goes then we may have a few pence in the coffers to invest. Longman appears nailed-on to sign (I hope) Tanganga is another who I would like to sign. Cresswell and Shackleton forgotten men at Leeds (worth a punt)
Harris' main issue is finding goals from somewhere and strikers don't come cheap.

Think Fleming will go but probably we will only get 3/4 mill , Mitchell will move to Lincoln 200,000 £. Wouldn’t be surprised to see nisbet moving back to Scotland but we will have to take a loss on that move. The cresswell ship as sailed I think probably got more chance of getting Shackleton back. I think the only one of this seasons loans we see back will be Longman. Wouldn’t be surprised if Esse’s head ain’t turned by his agent in the summer and he wants out.

Not the the dust has settled on a very mixed season with a sensational end now is the time to look at who we have, who we keep and who we get shot of.
Keepers
Shark has improved well in the latter part of the season and should be out number one for next year.
Bart. Great bloke who eventually ran out of shelf life but was a great number two and could always be relied on….unless we play Reading in the Cobblers Cup!
Trueman. The unknown man. Never seen him play but clearly not good enough to challenge Shark. Get rid.

Defenders. Danny has come on well during the season. Really feisty at times. Good engine. Almost never lets you down. Keep
Leonard. Absolutely solid.POTS by a country mile. Injury and age are his biggest concerns. Might need to move him to CB and give Danny full rein at RB
Tango. Improved in the latter part of the season. Absolutely solid. Would love to keep but wages and the possibility of selling him on for bigger money than we have got is likely.
Cooper. Solid servant who almost never lets you down. Needs a good partner to play really well. Keep
Murray. Mr Reliable. Never lets you down. Age and injury concerns make him 50/50 to stay. Might be a good back up.
Joe. Injury and age have caught up with him. Good going forward but can be suspect in defence. 50/50 about keeping him.
Hutch. Another Mr Reliable. Injury and age have caught up with him. Only a dozen or so starts this season. Might be worth another one year. 50/50 about whether that might happen.
Alex Mitchell. Solid loan at Lincoln but is he good enough to step up to Championship football? Not sure he is. Sell him on…maybe to Lincoln?
Okoli. Loan at Bromley curtailed by injury. Not sure he is ready to step up. Might need to move him on.
Nino. Good loan at Sutton. Might need a more challenging loan next season as not sure whether he is up to the mark yet.

Midfield. Longman has stepped up to the mark and wants to be here next season Sign him up.
Billy. Wind him up and watch him go. Good season but will he be anything other than a solid and reliable workhorse? Jury is out on that one. Keep but don’t expect any more that we have seen this season.
Sav. Leader and hard working player. Time will catch up with him next season but never lets you down.
Watmore. Decent player who works very hard but injury and form can let you down. Can have his moments.
Honeyman. Very hard working who gives his all, great team player and can have very good moments. Keep.
Esse. Great prospect who is making good progress.Not the finished article yet but will get there. Very humble.
BNC. Had his moments but not always as consistent as he could be. At times flattered to deceive.
Casper. Great touch and vision but a bit lightweight at times. Potential but could be better.
Campbell. The forgotten man who never played much and should be heading back to Luton.

Forwards. Flem. Bought as an investment. Did not quite live up to first season promise. One year left on his contract. Sell for £4m plus if you can which would double our money.
Oba. Flattered to deceive. Flash but not as good as he thinks he is. Right to send him back to Burnley where he can make the tea.
Tom. Works his nuts off. One more year is worth it but after that who knows?
Rab. Much potential but injured and indifferent at times. Would not be missed but will anyone come in with enough to tempt him back to Sweaty Land. I doubt it.
Mayor. Not had a chance yet but could be decent given a chance.

So, what do we need.
A back up keeper. Ex PL with experience who can challenge Shark if needed.
CB. Can’t count on our ageing CB’s to remain injury free
RB. Danny might need competition.
Midfield A driving box to box man who can score.
Attacker. A target man who can hold the ball up and find the back of the net consistently..

What are your thoughts?
You seem to have forgotten Emakhu. Definitely should also be making his break through

Left footed left back. Absolute priority to free Danny up.
Harrison Burrows contract runs out with year extra option.

I would not be surpised to see him here if someone else does not offer silly wages.

Apologies for forgetting a bout Emakhu! Pace is his biggest asset but does seem to be a bit injury prone. For me his best position is deep wide left so he can run onto balls in the channel and score. He has lots of potential and one that can make a big difference. Does NH have the same view?

There must be a big lump of a centre forward in div1 or 2 who we could take a chance on . We need a centre half like Tanganga,would love him back down the Den

There must be a big lump of a centre forward in div1 or 2 who we could take a chance on . We need a centre half like Tanganga,would love him back down the Den
We tried for Lyndon Dykes last season. Will probably go in again. He’s a handful but doesn’t score many and I can see him quickly being labelled a lump of shit. Plus he has silly tattoos all up his neck and arms.

Dykes was a Rowett target, he loved an aging old pro.
Mark Harris of Oxford is a possible, there's development potential in him.
Resigning Olaofe is not impossible.
However I think we may go abroad again or go for a Prem loan.

Dykes was a Rowett target, he loved an aging old pro.
Mark Harris of Oxford is a possible, there's development potential in him.
Resigning Olaofe is not impossible.
However I think we may go abroad again or go for a Prem loan.
Olaofe being one of the top scorers in League Two would on paper be a signing Harris should be looking at.

However from what I’ve seen, I’m not sure if he is the finished article. He’s pacey and powerful but got a pretty heavy touch.

Olaofe being one of the top scorers in League Two would on paper be a signing Harris should be looking at.

However from what I’ve seen, I’m not sure if he is the finished article. He’s pacey and powerful but got a pretty heavy touch.
Remember him missing a couple of chances and that was the end of him under Rowett. I don't think he played again for us. Strange decision.

I would definitely get rid of Wallace Hutchinson nisbet Harding probably Bradshaw as well we need better quality than them also sell Fleming will need the money to help fund incoming players

Olaofe has improved but definitely not championship level at this point. Will be interesting to see how he goes in League 1 next season.