Sprinklers pre match and at half time

dartlion

Can anyone please explain the purpose of doing this particularly in freezing temperatures? I would hate to be spending 45- 50 minutes running around in ice cold shorts after a sliding tackle!

Can anyone please explain the purpose of doing this particularly in freezing temperatures? I would hate to be spending 45- 50 minutes running around in ice cold shorts after a sliding tackle!
I did say that too Dart. It looked like it was freezing up as it was being done at half time.

Why not, you man or mouse, we used to play that way back in our day ha ha ha

Blackheath
Sleeves pulled down over hands
Shoulders haunched up
A bitch of a wind blowing
Mud divots like concrete
Kick the ball and it hurts the foot
A “stinger” to the side of the head or thigh........ proper football
Played at hall place in Bexley on a freezing morning. Only match that went ahead. Team mate took a full cross in the balls point blank. He dropped to the ground whimpering. I was doubled up laughing so much a opp player just walked round me with the ball. Then instead of putting it in the net he just kicked it into touch. Both teams were wetting themselves. Great days. Proper football.

When there",s a Sou," west0er blowing h those sodding sprinklers wake.me up curled up in.the.corner.pf South Lower. Just no consideration for us seniors these days