So who do you want to win the championship play off?

Who do you want to win the championship play offs?

• Total voters
I remember a Wall fan telling me on a coach that he thought 3rd place should go to the final.
5th & 6th play one game to see who plays 4th and the winner of that goes to meet the 3rd placed team in the final. The higher placed team plays at home. Keeps the playoffs but rewards the higher finishers in terms of home ties and games to play.
Good idea. Think that the National League playoffs work along similar lines?

Get all the players in the bottom three of the premiershit to fight the players in the championship playoffs. Dogs and baseball bats welcome. At Wembley. That would be worth seeing 🤣🤣

I remember a Wall fan telling me on a coach that he thought 3rd place should go to the final.
5th & 6th play one game to see who plays 4th and the winner of that goes to meet the 3rd placed team in the final. The higher placed team plays at home. Keeps the playoffs but rewards the higher finishers in terms of home ties and games to play.
They do that in the National League, certainly in NLN & NLS:
2nd & 3rd get a bye to a home 1 leg semi final
4th v 7th winner plays 2nd
5th v 6th winner plays 3rd
Final is at the highest placed teams stadium.

Appears a bit convoluted but definitely awards teams for finishing higher up the league

Third from bottom of the Prem should play third from top of the Championship.
I'm sure the very first year of the playoffs they had 2 up, 2 down and the playoffs were between 3rd bottom in the PL (or whatever it was called) and then 3rd, 4th & 5th from the Championship.
I think the Spotters were involved

Anyone but Luton. If they won the inbred mongs that walk around where I live wearing orange shirts and trying to look hard would be insufferable. In fact I would like Luton to get to the final and lose by at least 5 goals. How I would laugh at them crying.

I'm sure the very first year of the playoffs they had 2 up, 2 down and the playoffs were between 3rd bottom in the PL (or whatever it was called) and then 3rd, 4th & 5th from the Championship.
Something like that and yes, one season The Spotters were involved and kept their top didvision status. An old mate of mine is a Spotter and the tension nearly finished him off during that final game...
:ROFLMAO:

Chelsea got relegated by boro that way..

I'm still pissed off and passed caring but as one of them have to go up I will go for Middlesbrough just because a few of my Boro mates treated me to one of their hospitality deals in January.

I wouldn’t be against that. Great idea. Keeps teams guaranteed a play off place battling right to the end as well.
Don't really agree with the play offs , a league is a league and the best & worst 3 teams go up or down , sometimes the difference in points between 3rd & 6th I can be 20 points. but both have the same chance of going up how is that fair ? , I understand it keeps the interest in the game and generates a lot of money but not for me

I won’t even watch them. Never before have I been less interested in one of my own threads
I go on holiday on Friday coming back the day before the final, I only went on Monday to give my brother my membership to get me a ticket for the final* ;)

Members online