So, where will we finish and why?

Mate we beat Everton, a decent premier side full of internationals and then go and lose to Rotherham or Barnsley. Always been the way, it defies logic, i expect it to happen. It's what they've done if my 46 years of going. Give me the bigger teams every time, we have more chance.

Best people and club in ther world son but don;t back em or expect them to beat small shitty teams- My old mans words to me on Ilderton road 1978. Thirty years later, on the the same road i uttered those same those words to my pissed off son one Saturday as he sulked away from a shitty to defeat to,,,,,,,,,,,, you guessed it Barnsley.
Can empathise with that Peckham.

4th. Because I think we'll get more points than the team in fifth and sixth and not quite as many as the team in 3rd. Plus will give us a home game in the second leg of the play off.
But meanwhile back in the real world.............................................
Home game 2nd leg ala Huddersfield where they fucking melted. What a night with the Den rocking only we know how 👍

Barring a handful of games I always walk away saying, we are nowhere near good enough to make the play offs. But the results keep coming however dull most of the games are. I still dont think we have quite enough to do it, but its another season of looking up instead of down and thats is a much better feeling to get used to. I said on another thread its all about the next two games, Luton seem to defy the odds so thats a massive one, WBA I just want to beat because of the way "the one we would never win a game without" performed at our place earlier in the season, regardless of the importance of the game. Its probably going to be beat West Brom and Luton, start to believe, then lose to Wigan Hull and Preston .

Last edited:
I have us down for 12 points from our remaining games, which gives us 72 points. Could just be enough to squeeze into 6th place. I hope so.

Agree to a certain extent Peckham, but if we were still playing now from Saturday we still wouldn't have scored!!
Huddersfield were fucking dire but didn't allow Zian an inch, it's games like that where our lack of an attack minded coach is there for all to see, they parked the bus and nobody on the pitch or on the bench had a clue on how to break them down!!!
Agree Huddersfield game disappointing but Honeyman and Murray opened them up after about 5 minutes and, if Vogi was the goalscorer we want him to be, we would have been 1 up and it would have been a different game. It didn't happen but it could and it should.

I think, before the Huddersfield game, if you were granted the wish of taking a defeat from them over a win against WBA, most of us (including myself), would have taken it!

Saturday’s game is massive. A draw, away from home, would be a good result (especially with WBA’s home record), and would keep the points gap between us the same, but with one more game ticked off where the Baggies couldn’t improve their league position over us!

Win against WBA and draw against Luton (or vice versa), would be a brilliant achievement so late in the season, with both opposition teams wanting to stay in the play off hunt!

If we lost to WBA and Luton back to back, (which has already happened twice against teams this season), then I think it would be very hard to get that momentum back this late in the season (though not impossible.)

A 6th position finish would be great (our goal difference just keeping out WBA who finish 7th! 🤣) After that, it’s all a crap shoot who goes through to the final and wins it!

Last edited:
Just think that with all the teams around us having games against each other it will allow us to creap over the line in 5th or 6th place,after that don't think the other teams will like to draw us .COYL