So, where will we finish and why?

Lion-in-exile

I think we will finish 8th, I don't think we have the quality to finish top 6, other managers would have noted that if you stop Flemming we create very little.
Not having a moan up but just as I see it, I think we need a freshen up and possibly a small change in formation, especially at home, 4-3-2-1 or a diamond will stop us getting over run in midfield.

I think we will finish 8th, I don't think we have the quality to finish top 6, other managers would have noted that if you stop Flemming we create very little.
Not having a moan up but just as I see it, I think we need a freshen up and possibly a small change in formation, especially at home, 4-3-2-1 or a diamond will stop us getting over run in midfield.
Ring GR and let him know.
I'm sure he'll be delighted.;) :grinning:

6th, previously injured players coming back combined with the recent break will mean we have enough fresh legs to see us through the last 8 games.
75 points and we won't be promoted.

Years of let downs and bad luck makes my default position think we'll somehow fuck it up. But, we're in a good position, with good team spirit and fighters to the end. I wouldn't write us off just yet. As for the theory of stop Flemming you stop us, i don't agree, otherwise we wouldn't be in such a healthy position. We've played 37 league games and are where we are on merit. Very few teams have stopped us so far.

Last edited:
Years of let downs and bad luck makes my default position think we'll someho\w fuck it up. But, we're in a good position, with good team spirit and fighters to the end. I wouldn't write us off just yet. As for the theory of stop Flemming you stop us, i don't agree, otherwise we wouldn't be in such a healthy position. We've played 37 league games and are where we are on merit. Very few teams have stopped us so far.
Agree to a certain extent Peckham, but if we were still playing now from Saturday we still wouldn't have scored!!
Huddersfield were fucking dire but didn't allow Zian an inch, it's games like that where our lack of an attack minded coach is there for all to see, they parked the bus and nobody on the pitch or on the bench had a clue on how to break them down!!!

Without stating the obvious, at least one win from next 2 games, preferably WBA, a loss to Luton will be less damaging.

Agree to a certain extent Peckham, but if we were still playing now from Saturday we still wouldn't have scored!!
Huddersfield were fucking dire but didn't allow Zian an inch, it's games like that where our lack of an attack minded coach is there for all to see, they parked the bus and nobody on the pitch or on the bench had a clue on how to break them down!!!
I actually think a lot of that was down to the legs being gone. Saville and Flemming were both out on their feet at the end of the Swansea game. In fact, Flemming was done after an hour against Swansea and should have been taken off then. Bradshaw must have running on empty too so had no effect on the Hudds game. I said to my son on the way to the game we should have put Shacks, Watmore & Burke/Esse in from the start against Hudds but can understand why he didn't want to change a winning team. I think maybe he thought get through this one then we have the break but it backfired. I do get why he chose not to make the changes though, so it is what it is.
I still say 13 or 14 points will be enough I can't see any reason for us to not get them in the 8 games remaining.

We had 18 attempts on goal. only four on target. We created plenty but were leggy and poor against a wiley old manager and a team fighing for the lives. One game in isolation, we won't play teams like that every week. They frustrated and held Norwich the game previous to us playing them. Like i said, we're in the position we find ourselves on merit, you don't fluke 17 wins.

Totally agree with Peckham about years of let downs and bad luck, but this team has a certain way about it. They fight for every ball and don't give in.
So just maybe we might, with luck on our side go all the way this year.
Then the premier super league will start and we can fold the club

We had 18 attempts on goal. only four on target. We created plenty but were leggy and poor against a wiley old manager and a team fighing for the lives. One game in isolation, we won't play teams like that every week. They frustrated and held Norwich the game previous to us playing them. Like i said, we're in the position we find ourselves on merit, you don't fluke 17 wins.
We did also struggle to create anything against Hull and Wigan at home.

Also if other teams focus on marking Fleming out of the game, it surely creates space and opportunities for others!?

Also if other teams focus on marking Fleming out of the game, it surely creates space and opportunities for others!?
Indeed. We've scored 48 league goals, Flemming has how many assists? 12 goals and around three/ four assists off the top of my head i reckon

Last edited:
We did also struggle to create anything against Hull and Wigan at home.
Mate we beat Everton, a decent premier side full of internationals and then go and lose to Rotherham or Barnsley. Always been the way, it defies logic, i expect it to happen. It's what they've done if my 46 years of going. Give me the bigger teams every time, we have more chance.

Best people and club in ther world son but don;t back em or expect them to beat small shitty teams- My old mans words to me on Ilderton road 1978. Thirty years later, on the the same road i uttered those same those words to my pissed off son one Saturday as he sulked away from a shitty to defeat to,,,,,,,,,,,, you guessed it Barnsley.

Last edited:
We will finish 8th as I said in a previous thread,
We're just not consistent enough.we lose games which we should,on paper ,be winning.I don't know how it is that we can play so well in one game,and shit in the next.

Can some statwanker let us know how many times over recent years, we've given more points than we've gained to bottom clubs.

England expects, Millwall don’t, but you know what? I think fuck it. We’ve done well to be where we are. There’s always the chance it will go down the swany but I just want to see us fight all the way. There is that spirit in the squad plus, we have a decent run in, with players coming back from injury.

Can we finish in the top six? I say, why fucking not?

Last edited: