Small positives

Lionsteele

A few positives I take from it being a close race towards the end of the season.

I would not renew any of the current squad apart from Leonard. Saville has been a passenger ‘works hard’ but isn’t good enough. Club player bias but way past it & I had said it the whole season. Refresh needed.

Hutch
Saville
Bart
Watmore
Wallace
Bradshaw
Longman (end of loan)
Flemming (Sell)

At minimum this would be the end of the players above.

Regardless of the league these all should leave. Saville in particular, as I know he is the one that most would defend, has been so poor, the last two games he has been missing.

There is enough good young players here

A few positives I take from it being a close race towards the end of the season.

I would not renew any of the current squad apart from Leonard. Saville has been a passenger ‘works hard’ but isn’t good enough. Club player bias but way past it & I had said it the whole season. Refresh needed.

Hutch
Saville
Bart
Watmore
Wallace
Bradshaw
Longman (end of loan)
Flemming (Sell)

At minimum this would be the end of the players above.

Regardless of the league these all should leave. Saville in particular, as I know he is the one that most would defend, has been so poor, the last two games he has been missing.

There is enough good young players here
Hutch? Saville?!?! Bradshaw? FLEMMING?!?!?!
Watmore?!

Jesus, just because some players are out of form.. doesn't mean they have to be sold! Fucking hell do you own the haters arms?

Wasn't this meant to be a positive thread, judging by the title of it compared to the the words wrote, you had might aswell have called it Oxymoron.

Saville in particular, as I know he is the one that most would defend, has been so poor, the last two games he has been missing.
Us as a team have been poor the last two games so it comes as no surprise that one individual is not at his best. I can't say i've ever thought or noticed that he goes missing. I think he's worth his place alone because he seems to be the only leader we have out on the pitch. He doesn't hide even if he's not having the best of games. Chips in with assists, we tend to lose less and look more cohesive when he's selected. The last couple of games has seen him partner De Norre and then Mitchell. He tends to adapt well when changes are made. I thought he had a very good game against Birmingham recently.

I just hope come what may at the end of the season we ship out some of the senior injury prone players like Hutchinson, Wallace, Bradshaw and Bryan. I would even think about Leonard but to be fair to him he hasn’t been too bad this season but you just know that he will miss a chunk of games in any one year. I’m not sure about Nisbet but he strikes me as another play a few games then out for a dozen merchant.

It is so frustrating that come our hour of need they constantly go missing with knocks for several weeks on end several times a season. They are decent players and good pros but we can’t afford to pay them for missing so many games and we end up paying double for loan players to cover their injuries, it can’t carry on.

Watmore?!

Jesus, just because some players are out of form.. doesn't mean they have to be sold! Fucking hell do you own the haters arms?

Hutch is always injured.

Bradshaw is getting on and out of contract.

Flemming I’m sure the club could do with the money for.

Sav out of contract.

Us as a team have been poor the last two games so it comes as no surprise that one individual is not at his best. I can't say i've ever thought or noticed that he goes missing. I think he's worth his place alone because he seems to be the only leader we have out on the pitch. He doesn't hide even if he's not having the best of games. Chips in with assists, we tend to lose less and look more cohesive when he's selected. The last couple of games has seen him partner De Norre and then Mitchell. He tends to adapt well when changes are made. I thought he had a very good game against Birmingham recently.

Yeah all fair points mate I’m just thinking for the new season in what ever league we need a proper good look at centre midfielders, I don’t think him being a starter is the answer. Squad player yes but at what cost?

Before unloading some of those players mentioned, I think maybe the club should think about bringing in a new manager who would have different professionals views and tactical opinions on them. Otherwise it will turn into groundhog day ten games into the new season.
:grinning:

Hutch is an immense player for us. Clears up everything in the air.

Flemming is also fantastic when in form.. our best brain on the ball. Can be one step ahead of others at times, no need to sell.

Saville is an out and out leader, who puts in nothing less than 100%, loves the club, vocal organiser. Has a 1 year option to trigger for next season, which I'm sure he will.

Bradshaw is underestimated imo. He's worked up front on his own for the majority of time he's been here for, barring the partnership with afobe. Fitness is immense, we struggle for strikers so I'd give him another year, even if it was to bring off the bench. I agree getting on a bit, but can still do a job and he's reliable.

Hutch is an immense player for us. Clears up everything in the air.

Flemming is also fantastic when in form.. our best brain on the ball. Can be one step ahead of others at times, no need to sell.

Saville is an out and out leader, who puts in nothing less than 100%, loves the club, vocal organiser. Has a 1 year option to trigger for next season, which I'm sure he will.

Bradshaw is underestimated imo. He's worked up front on his own for the majority of time he's been here for, barring the partnership with afobe. Fitness is immense, we struggle for strikers so I'd give him another year, even if it was to bring off the bench. I agree getting on a bit, but can still do a job and he's reliable.
This is a wind up surely?

Watmore?!

Hutch ,Bradshaw ,watmore all. Injury prone ,Flemming still crying in his beer cause he isn't go to Burnley and vastly overated,Seville I would keep just got his motivation on the pitch, the loan players will.all go apart from Tanga and hopefully we will get a permanent Manager not Harris as all the reasons he left before are rising to the surface again...yesterday game was a classic example , they were awful but in the second half we sat back happy with a point let them or gave them the ball to attack and they did and the bizzare subs ,

Should have cashed in on Flemming when the offers came in. Who are we to be turning down the sort of money that was being offered?! He’s been out of form since the back end of last season. Scores the odd goal and wanders around the pitch in different positions but struggles to control the ball or runs into players and under or over hits the most simple of passes.

This is a wind up surely?
Why? What budget for contract, or transfer fees, do we have and who are we attracting to replace these players?
Who's the answer, realistically?

We make do with what we have got and in turn teams are governed by FFP. Our profit is non existent and our club is run and money is plumped in from Berylsons own pockets to keep our head above waters.

I'll stand by my comments. I don't see anyone moaning when Flemming scores goals. Yet when his form dips, sell him?
I don't see people moan when Hutch is in the team, but when he's out that means he's got to go?
Ive seen people slagging Leonard, injury prone, not good enough blah blah.. yet when he turns his form around he will banded a player of the season this year. Football fans are fickle.

let's remember who we are. We can all have opinions and debates. It's never a problem. But been a realist doesn't make me mad. Some would get rid of half the team. I remember when that happened once not so long ago, I believe it took us down. I can't remember what year, and don't have the time to look right now. This is Millwall and not football manager. Not just directed at yourself by the way.

what was Harris thinking making a substitution when defending a corner.

Haha...That always tickles me and makes me think of this:

Making a sub before defending a corner​

"Despite little evidence to support this, it is generally accepted to be one of the worst decisions a football manager can make."

Well, it was supported yesterday. Huddersfield, anyone?
:ROFLMAO: