Sell outs at The Den

About for the Plymouth game though ?
Yes mate. I'll be on the pitch beforehand i think. I was part of the small group that done the writing and bits for Ror Larners application for his bravery award that he got from the royal humane society. There'll be some sort of presentation/ acknowledgement done before kick off.

Give B a bell on the day mate and we'll catch up---------Finally :grinning:

Last edited:
Yes mate. I'll be on the pitch beforehand i think. I was part of the small group that done the writing and bits for Ror Larners application for his bravery award that he got from the royal humane society. There'll be some sort of presentation/ acknowledgement done before kick off.

Give B a bell on the day mate and we'll catch up---------Finally :grinning:
Blinding. And yeah will do mate 100%. Look forward to it 🙏🏼

Changing demographics of the football match attendee. So many fk wits are curious to come to our famous little football club, - traditional fans being priced out or reticent to come coz of all the cameras and strict rules about what we're allowed to even think, which is why even we are being watered down with tourist fans and all these other 'strangers'
II still miss the old Den & the whole experience and adrenaline rush experiences. The games lost but we're still addicted to it in a recalibrate way - and you only have to look around you to see the changes in our Manor and our once beautiful game and even we are being infiltrated by these nouveau fkg oddballs. Let's be honest - it can't be for the quality of our football

The games lost but we're still addicted to it in a recalibrate way - and you only have to look around you to see the changes in our Manor and our once beautiful game and even we are being infiltrated by these nouveau fkg oddballs.
It's also there manor now. Many of us moved away and many new types have moved in. That's evolution and it's there club as well as those that left London years ago. Loads of hipster and Rupert types down there yesterday. Club shirt on and having a beer outside before KO. Harmless and putting much needed revenue into our club. If all the ' real wall ' that turn up at Wembley actually came to the Den there wouldn't be seats available for Nouveau types.

It's also there manor now. Many of us moved away and many new types have moved in. That's evolution and it's there club as well as those that left London years ago. Loads of hipster and Rupert types down there yesterday. Club shirt on and having a beer outside before KO. Harmless and putting much needed revenue into our club. If all the ' real wall ' that turn up at Wembley actually came to the Den there wouldn't be seats available for Nouveau types.
We left the box around six P, and round by the blue bus there were loads of them all still drinking and I mean loads.

If all the ‘real Wall’ turned up the seats would be on the pitch! 😂

I find it all a bit odd, or maybe my memory is just fucked... Thing is, although we keep having sell-outs, it doesn't really feel quite as rammed as it used to on the odd occasion that we would sell out 10 or 15 years ago.

I wonder if we have more st holders nowadays. Many of my mates that have a st don't go to every game anymore, and I wonder if it's selling more sts, and a lot of those people not going all the time, means we sell out more often but in reality every seat is not taken?
few of us st holders work commitment makes it harder but get st to support the club also a big game guarenteed ticket

That’s a great point on our “real wall” fans. I have seen more coming back since Harris has returned mind you. Sadly it’s just how things are now, it bothered me more at the start of the season all these tourists and hippies, but thinking about it we’ve hardly fallen like all the other London teams who’s support is mostly made of these types now. We still have a big hardcore and our away support is solid. It’s mainly because we just aren’t used to it as a club, I’d like to think it won’t change to much more from here unless we got promoted.

If all the ‘real Wall’ turned up the seats would be on the pitch! 😂
Where i sit in block 5 you could spot quite a few day trippers/hipster types, I don't quite get the reaction from some of our fans getting pissed off with them, if it was preventing real wall fans getting a ticket fair enough. But they bring in a serious amount of money to the club. (Alright I'll be honest they piss me off a bit but I'm slating other fans, not the die hard, bleed blue, millwalls my life fans like me 😉

I do miss going, but much prefered the midweek games...Anyway, as to why crowds are up i have no idea, my son goes with his G/F and she brings a couple of mates over from her native Belgium (think that is because it's all a bit intriguing to them), all helps bolster the crowd as well as those that stayed away from Wall for one reason or another.

Lots of people got out of the habit of going during Covid, but lots of other people have woken up to appreciate being able to go out to things like Football. We definitely now have a thing with football tourists. When we got off at SB Saturday virtually everyone on the train was speaking something other than English, and taking snaps of everything walking round to the stadium. Our shirt sales recently must be through the roof.

Remember matches during Benny Fenton's days when we had a very watchable team. Cash at the turnstile was the order of the day and the club announcing 18k when there was clearly over 25k.
Don't know if it was the club fooling the tax man or the lads at the turnstile filling their boots.

Changing demographics of the football match attendee. So many fk wits are curious to come to our famous little football club, - traditional fans being priced out or reticent to come coz of all the cameras and strict rules about what we're allowed to even think, which is why even we are being watered down with tourist fans and all these other 'strangers'
II still miss the old Den & the whole experience and adrenaline rush experiences. The games lost but we're still addicted to it in a recalibrate way - and you only have to look around you to see the changes in our Manor and our once beautiful game and even we are being infiltrated by these nouveau fkg oddballs. Let's be honest - it can't be for the quality of our football
Against Leicester I witnessed some oddball order a pizza delivery like it was normal, The stewards were all over him because your not allowed to bring your own food in, Millwall will never be the same.

Last edited: