Scotland V The gonks woke warriors match thread

One of Nosegate finest puts the ball in the back of the net ..our net , well.done Maguire
He hasn't played 30 minutes of football this season but still manages to get in a squad that Southgate claims he selects on the basis of form. One of the many reasons why England won't win anything under him. Should have been fucked off after losing the euro final to Italy. A goal up on home turf and bottled it. He won't get a better chance.

He hasn't played 30 minutes of football this season but still manages to get in a squad that Southgate claims he selects on the basis of form. One of the many reasons why England won't win anything under him. Should have been fucked off after losing the euro final to Italy. A goal up on home turf and bottled it. He won't get a better chance.
Spot on and that 30 minutes Maguire has played is 28 more than Phillips yet he still gets in the starting line up.

Just heard him say on the radio that he doesn't understand the criticism of McGuire. Well for comments like that he shouldn't be the England manager. He can't see it? He obviously cannot see where our weakness is then.

It was this
Just heard him say on the radio that he doesn't understand the criticism of McGuire. Well for comments like that he shouldn't be the England manager. He can't see it? He obviously cannot see where our weakness is then.
It was this:

“From a Scotland fans’ point of view, I get it and I have absolutely no complaints with what they did,” said Southgate. “It was the consequence of the ridiculous treatment of him for a long period of time. Our fans recognised there may have been a bit of heat from our own supporters but we’re not having others getting into him.

“It’s a joke. I’ve never known a player treated like him. Not by the Scottish fans but our own commentators and pundits, they have created something beyond anything I’ve ever seen.

“He has been an absolute stalwart for us in the most successful team in decades. He has been a key part of that. I talked about the importance of senior players and he has been crucial among that.

“Every time he goes on the pitch, the resilience he shows, the balls he shows is incredible. So, he is a top player and we are all with him and our fans were with him tonight. I feel fairly strong about it.”

There is another issue with the Gonk.
I'm totally in agreement with all the negative views on here about the prick, and nothing would please me more if he were to resign immediately.

But, one thing I would like to know is this.....
Why oh why does he only ever wear the same shirt? (if you can call it that)

The man reportedly earns £5 million a year.
WTF does he only ever wear a poxy polo shirt that looks like he shops at Inter Sport?

He could at least wear a different colour so we know he's not wearing the same one all the time without washing it.

If I earned his money I would be immaculately turned out whilst at work and everywhere else for that matter.
The man really has no class whatsoever.

I could understand it if there was a logo on the shirt, so maybe he was being sponsored, but no.
Anyone else noticed this?

"Give him credit, I didn't see him give the ball away, the own goal was the only thing he did wrong," said Waddle. :ROFLMAO:

I seem to remember a time when El Gonko was renown for being smartly turned out in a suit waist coat, it must be in the wash.

Last edited:
There is another issue with the Gonk.
I'm totally in agreement with all the negative views on here about the prick, and nothing would please me more if he were to resign immediately.

But, one thing I would like to know is this.....
Why oh why does he only ever wear the same shirt? (if you can call it that)

The man reportedly earns £5 million a year.
WTF does he only ever wear a poxy polo shirt that looks like he shops at Inter Sport?

He could at least wear a different colour so we know he's not wearing the same one all the time without washing it.

If I earned his money I would be immaculately turned out whilst at work and everywhere else for that matter.
The man really has no class whatsoever.

I could understand it if there was a logo on the shirt, so maybe he was being sponsored, but no.
Anyone else noticed this?

I see the Gonk's theorpy sessions have paid off - The Penalty miss, the Pizza advert and the Waistcoat modelling have all been finally erased from his memory, thanks to the interest in Harry Maguire...

“It’s a joke. I’ve never known a player treated like him. Not by the Scottish fans but our own commentators and pundits, they have created something beyond anything I’ve ever seen."

:grinning: