Sarkic

As someone who has been critical of him, I thought that he played well yesterday.

It was noticeable yesterday that he concentrated on his main job i.e. defending our net rather than worrying about being the instigator of our attacks. Presumably Harris was responsible for this? In any event, it seemed to have a positive effect on Sarkic. Hopefully, he will continue to improve.
His magnificent save won us the game according to Leonard and I agree. 👍

I’ve watched the highlights a couple of times and I can’t work out what he could have done better for their goal🤔

Most definitely couldn’t have come for the cross and to have stopped it would have required a save of better quality than his one at the end. An excellent header of Tim Cahill quality from 7 yards out👏

I sometimes think our fans expect too much of a keeper 🤷‍♂️

BTW: Southampton’s keeper badly at fault for our first 😂

Agreed. I think the defenders were more at 'fault' than the Sarkic for their goal. His save at he end, though, was tremendous and probably the most difficult one to pull off for a goalie.

The save from the header was obviously outstanding. But also, very early on in the game, he went through a defender (I think it was Cooper) to deal with a looping ball; Cooper was in front of him and he went over the top of Cooper to get his fist to it. I was quite reassured to see him do that, after the fuck about that him and Wallace(?) did that led to the corner that Ipswich scored from. Good to see him take charge in his area.

The save from the header was obviously outstanding. But also, very early on in the game, he went through a defender (I think it was Cooper) to deal with a looping ball; Cooper was in front of him and he went over the top of Cooper to get his fist to it. I was quite reassured to see him do that, after the fuck about that him and Wallace(?) did that led to the corner that Ipswich scored from. Good to see him take charge in his area.

I didn't realise that he was 6'4. He doesn't look that tall to me.