Same old shite

Phlion54

AB now is a Rowett clone , same team same tactics ,same result.....absolute awful again with little or no imagination and totally gave the upper hand to them , the pressing yt? was for most of the game ineffective and our standard of passing was dire get again...we were chasing shadows for most of the game and why do we play so negative at home with just 1 up front with little or no support , Fleming again was absent most of the game ,Wallace is just to slow now and was run triggered and why when Danny gets in great positions to attack does he check back and pass a no nothing ball either back of sidewards, we made them.look good but we let them.play their game which again we paid for in injury time , that's bristol,watford,now this game which as cost us points let's hope the new man whoever it is gets rid of the negative coaching team we have and give us something to look forward to instead of this tripe at home

We played what was a premier team not long ago and thought we did well considering the quality gap between our team and theirs, it was a typical old style "Millwall" performance and every one of our players were on their knees at the end, you cannot ask anymore of them.

Unfortunately a Typical "Millwall" performance gets you nowhere in todays game.

Obviously it’s all about opinions but I thought it looked like 4411 and was not boring like Rowett’s 5 at the back lark. I thought both fullbacks played well despite being up against v.good wingers. It was a tough ask today but the majority of them ran their hearts out throwing themselves at everything. I’ve no complaints today.

Think Barrett set up well against a quality team, he is definitely not Rowett mark two and given a little more time with players who have only known one tactic until recently i think he will do well.

The fact AB has moved so quickly away from a back 5 would indicate to me that he and perhaps the players (like many of us) never really liked it either.

Barrett given a little more time with players who have only known one tactic until recently i think he will do well.
On that note, I thought BNC had his most intelligent and effective game yet.

Some times he tried to go pass an opponent, other times he laid the ball off. Marked well (until he ran out of steam) and defended much better against the 1-2s.

It could be coincidence or, perhaps, he’s been taken aside this week and well coached 🤔👏

Last edited:
Think Barrett set up well against a quality team, he is definitely not Rowett mark two and given a little more time with players who have only known one tactic until recently i think he will do well.
we are still playing high balls to the midget up front with little or no support so IF he does win a header who,s going to benefit ?, Our free kicks / corners are so predictable with no imagination , we sat back and were chasing shadows for most of the game and was hanging on for most of the second half ...no difference whatsoever from Rowett.....let's hope the new man bucks things up before it's too late ,as the message above " a typical millwall performance" is not winning us games at home

We cannot expect a team that has been set up defensively playing static football for the last four years to all of a sudden start passing the ball around like Barcelona, every one of the Southampton players were comfortable with the ball including the goalkeeper, we simply cannot compete with that level of football at the present time and it showed yesterday.

Barrett set us up well to try to hit them on the break and it nearly paid off with a point.

Whoever comes in as manager has got a lot of work to do which will not happen overnight, our players must be as frustrated as we are at the type of football they have been instructed to play.

I couldn't go yesterday, but from what I've been told they ran their bollox off, unfortunately we are a struggling championship side and most of the players are simply not good enough and are league 1 standard. You can only be "unlucky" for so long. Big relegation fight this season, let's hope the team have the bollox for a fight.

I couldn't go yesterday, but from what I've been told they ran their bollox off, unfortunately we are a struggling championship side and most of the players are simply not good enough and are league 1 standard. You can only be "unlucky" for so long. Big relegation fight this season, let's hope the team have the bollox for a fight.
They left absolutely nothing on the pitch and the effort they put in nearly got us a point, Southampton are a class outfit and we won't go down because we lose to them, Leeds Leicester or any of the divisions big clubs, We must beat the teams in and around us, For the record I never wanted Rowett out.

We cannot expect a team that has been set up defensively playing static football for the last four years to all of a sudden start passing the ball around like Barcelona, every one of the Southampton players were comfortable with the ball including the goalkeeper, we simply cannot compete with that level of football at the present time and it showed yesterday.

Barrett set us up well to try to hit them on the break and it nearly paid off with a point.

Whoever comes in as manager has got a lot of work to do which will not happen overnight, our players must be as frustrated as we are at the type of football they have been instructed to play.
Our basic passing for pro,s is schoolboy level at best & until we get the basics right it does not matter who,s in charge , defending against passing teams is not the best option for us forgot the number of times they run through the soft centred middle of our defence with no challenges until the penalty box appears and why don't we leave a today a couple of players near the halfway line when they have a corner ,they have to match of better the number and we have half a chance when the ball gets cleared at present it comes straight back in everytime, it's not rocket science really is it

Members online