Rule changes that have improved the game.

Lion-in-exile

With the muppets in charge of football looking at introducing Sin Bins and Orange cards, the game is changing beyond all recognition.
Which if any of the changes have improved things?
I can only think of 2:
1, Banning the back pass to the GK.
2, Goal line technology.

With the muppets in charge of football looking at introducing Sin Bins and Orange cards, the game is changing beyond all recognition.
Which if any of the changes have improved things?
I can only think of 2:
1, Banning the back pass to the GK.
2, Goal line technology.
Those two, the original offside rule and keepers staying on the line for a penalty.

Good point. But it did stop someone just standing with the keeper and long balls being hoofed all of the time.

Re the offside rule:
On the other hand that goal we scored at Arsenal (was it Briley?) would have counted nowadays because Sheringham wouldn’t have been interfering with play
Yes it was Briley.

My Dad asked him about it on a stadium tour I was on, and then afterwards he said to me why do they keep talking about the disallowed goal and not the ones that counted. I think he was pissed off talking about it. 😄

Can someone explain this, rowe scored from the cross albeit at the second attempt. Am I an idiot as I think he is offside.

Attachments

• IMG_3211.png
    IMG_3211.png
    897.7 KB · Views: 19
This whole curvature of the ball not being over the line or how corners are taken not inside the area but over the line always used to at least be on the line.

Not suggesting for one milesecond that the dreaded VAR has improved the game, but it has highlighted how bad/good? some of the original Laws are. Offside: Toe? Heel? Willy?? Likewise, Hand Ball, Hand?, Shoulder?.Natural position? Surely a great example of If it ain't broken don't fix it.

This whole curvature of the ball not being over the line or how corners are taken not inside the area but over the line always used to at least be on the line.
Seems an easy one to rectify. Make the base of the ball be inside the white lines. Idiot administrators fucking about needlessly with the rules. Bunch of cunts.

Allowing the keeper to pass to player in the box on a goal kick. . Other rule was pointless.

change in substitution rule seem ok.

I think they need to bring back a rule or two, allowing the GK to be barged into the net for a goal when he has it in his hands is where I would start, we would at last score from a corner if Cooper is playing.

Members online