ROWETTS WALKED

I have my own theory about this whole sorry situation following an interesting article on BBC sport when GR responds to calls for him to go.

It all seems to revolve around the Long situation where he was all ready to face the new season with us. We had given him a new contract and the number one shirt making it quite clear that he would be our first choice keeper for this season. Then, for whatever reason, Shark is available and we look into the possibility of signing him. Potentially he is a better shot stopper than George, he has worked with Andy Marshall before and gets a good review from him. We look further into the signing of Shark and it all seems to be coming together. We make a move for him and he signs and is given the assurance that he will be the number one starter. George is mighty miffed, throws his toys out of the pram, refuses to travel to Boro for the opening game and causes a stir in the dressing room. He is a popular member of the squad and stirs up the dressing room for support and also spreads some poison about GR being two faced. GR counters diplomatically that George has done nothing wrong but is keen to be the number one somewhere else. George spreads the rumour that if GR can be two faced with him then he could be the same with any one of the 20 plus others!

The dressing room is in disarray and we play Norwich where George is sitting on the bench and in sympathy we only give it 95% and are taken to the cleaners. The crowd give it big time to GR and he is at a loss to know what to do or what to say. In the BBC article he was surprised by the reaction but is not tempted to take the easy way out and resign or walk. He says he will see it through.

He is not a bad manager because if he was then we would not won up at Boro and we would not have got close to the play offs for the past three seasons. If I have a criticism of him it is that he often sets up not to lose rather than to win. People on here say that he should not play five at the back and he should start Esse. Well, he did both on Sunday and we were comprehensively beaten. He does not have all three starters at CB who are ageing. Cooper is only 28, probably in the prime of his career but Hutch is 32 and Murray is 31. Certainly not over the hill yet especially when you consider that the Brazilian CB at Chelsea is 37.

I do recall that in Covid times GR went 14 games without a win but with no crowd to get on his back he got us out of that slump. My thoughts above are only an assumption and the real test will come on Saturday when we play Stoke. It will quickly become clear whether he has got the squad back on track or whether he has lost it. Watch this space.
What a load of supposition. Please post the link to affirm your conclusions Silver.

Millwall crowd would respond with a ferocious monks chant and roar the team on while intimidating opposition players and officials? Not no more, the first thing these social media weirdos do is whip out their phones and whinge like little kids.
Said as much on HOF earlier mate. Not ten minutes into our first home game of the season against Bristol, new season, fresh hope, opimism is high. Not a fucking chance from the string we had the misfortune to be in earshot of. He hammered Rowett, Danny, Flemming and Cooper all within the first ten minutes and continued his onslaught until he was told that a dig was incoming if he didn't turn it in.

I talked one of my lot into sitting elsewhere in the second half cause he was itching to ping him. Fuck getting chored, banned and convicted for someone like that. Someone will do him cause he's at it every match. He's a fucking div for paying good money just so he can shout abuse at our players. Just wait in the carpark and save yourself a monkey on a ST at the same time :grinning:

The last fourteen seasons we have spent 12 of those in the championship. Chuck in a few trips to Wembley and beating premier sides in the cup. That's not a bad return. What i think half our problem is with impatient and expectant fans is that they've not suffered us in divsion three and four and in front of 2,000 fans on a piss soaked terrace. They've never had it so good and expect more whilst us seasoned veterans bar the odd crank appreciate where we are and deem it as a successsful and stable period in our chequered history,

An all seater stadium with toilets with roofs on- fucking marvellous. A team that can hold it's own in one of the toughest divisions in Europe- Blinding we'll suffer that. A manager that has improved our league position season upon season whilst shackled by financial constraints so shops in asda whilst his rivals pull up in a roller and bowl into Harrods. Heyho.

No fear of relegation. A rarity. Responsible for a huge change it the ethos of the whole club. Acquiring sellable assests, recruiting young raw talent plus tried and tested capable pros that are still at a good age. Even the chips in the kiosks are fucking decent. But some wag will still find fault and stick the boot in. We see it on here nearly everyday.

If you've been going to Wall for 30/40 year i can't see what you can be unhappy about when all things considered. Yeah we're a bit ugly and direct but that's what got us to this level and has kept us at this level. Perhaps in time we'll be in the position to take another step forward as we;ve been steadily doing so for the last six seasons.

Never bothered with twitter. It’s a cesspit.
It is and a very strange place with strange principles. I was on it for about a month a few year ago. One day some Nigel pipes up. Millwall knuckle dragger etc etc. I ruined him in a gentle but funny way. His next post told me to fuck my dead mum. I send him a private message offering to pay his cab fare so he could come and meet me so i could cave his head in. Those were my exact words. The cunt reported my message and i got banned

Hitting

Said as much on HOF earlier mate. Not ten minutes into our first home game of the season against Bristol, new season, fresh hope, opimism is high. Not a fucking chance from the string we had the misfortune to be in earshot of. He hammered Rowett, Danny, Flemming and Cooper all within the first ten minutes and continued his onslaught until he was told that a dig was incoming if he didn't turn it in.

I talked one of my lot into sitting elsewhere in the second half cause he was itching to ping him. Fuck getting chored, banned and convicted for someone like that. Someone will do him cause he's at it every match. He's a fucking div for paying good money just so he can shout abuse at our players. Just wait in the carpark and save yourself a monkey on a ST at the same time :grinning:

The last fourteen seasons we have spent 12 of those in the championship. Chuck in a few trips to Wembley and beating premier sides in the cup. That's not a bad return. What i think half our problem is with impatient and expectant fans is that they've not suffered us in divsion three and four and in front of 2,000 fans on a piss soaked terrace. They've never had it so good and expect more whilst us seasoned veterans bar the odd crank appreciate where we are and deem it as a successsful and stable period in our chequered history,

An all seater stadium with toilets with roofs on- fucking marvellous. A team that can hold it's own in one of the toughest divisions in Europe- Blinding we'll suffer that. A manager that has improved our league position season upon season whilst shackled by financial constraints so shops in asda whilst his rivals pull up in a roller and bowl into Harrods. Heyho.

No fear of relegation. A rarity. Responsible for a huge change it the ethos of the whole club. Acquiring sellable assests, recruiting young raw talent plus tried and tested capable pros that are still at a good age. Even the chips in the kiosks are fucking decent. But some wag will still find fault and stick the boot in. We see it on here nearly everyday.

If you've been going to Wall for 30/40 year i can't see what you can be unhappy about when all things considered. Yeah we're a bit ugly and direct but that's what got us to this level and has kept us at this level. Perhaps in time we'll be in the position to take another step forward as we;ve been steadily doing so for the last six seasons.
my youngest boy is now 32 he's had a season ticket from the age of 7
he would love to see us in the prem just to get to a lot of the grounds he's never been to i do get that for me the only good thing would be 8 London derby's and getting to see the new grounds

guess as you say the older lot are just happy with what we have as we all know how we had so many bad times

my grandson is 17 he knows only what we have had over that time
plus the endless bullshit on TV so his dream is the prem

guess it just a generation thing