Rowett's Lack of Respect. Again.

whiskylion

I can just about tolerate the manager's trademark dour, joyless football. Just. His job is to get results for the club, which he achieves.

But for the second event running I am appalled by the way he conducts himself when paying his "respects", this time to those who fell in war.

I have just started to watch the Huddersfield Town extended highlights, but have paused it at about a minute in to write this. I feel we have been badly let down again.

They are filming about 20 people from both clubs, plus some maybe St John's people alll around the dugout, standing as the Last Post is played.

All are standing to attention. Except one, who has his arms folded. Guess who.

All show a sombre respectful countenance, some with heads bowed. Except one, who is chewing gum. Guess who.

Which is exactly what happened earlier in the year for the two minute silence for Prince Phillip (when he had both hands in pockets, rather than folded). Is there any chance he can stop being a football manager for a minute or two to humbly become a member of the human race?

When I went to my first Remembrance Sunday parade, there were old soldiers who had fought in the Boar War leading the march. I have been just about every year since. I cannot ever remember anyone else in a representative position marking the minute silence or the last post with arms folded chewing gum.

And it is worth remembering that people on such occasions are representing Millwall FC. We lost players and many supporters in both wars. Just like last year, I felt the way we were were publicly represented yesterday leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I very much hope that someone has a quiet word in his ear and he doesn't repeat this at The Den.

Last edited:
I can just about tolerate the manager's trademark dour, joyless football. Just. His job is to get results for the club, which he achieves.

But for the second year running I am appalled by the way he conducts himself when paying "respect" to those who fell in war.

I have just started to watch the Huddersfield Town extended highlights, but have paused it at about a minute in to write this. I feel we have been badly let down again.

They are filming about 20 people from both clubs, plus some maybe St John's people alll around the dugout, standing as the Last Post is played.

All show a sombre respectful countenance, some with heads bowed. Except one, who is chewing gum. Guess who.

Which is exactly what happened last year. Is there any chance he can stop being a football manager for a minute or two to humbly become a member of the human race?

When I went to my first Remembrance Sunday parade, there were old soldiers who had fought in the Boar War leading the march. I have been just about every year since. I cannot ever remember anyone else in a representative position marking the minute silence or the last post with arms folded chewing gum.

And it is worth remembering that people on such occasions are representing Millwall FC. We lost players and many supporters in both wars. Just like last year, I felt the way we were were publicly represented yesterday leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I very much hope that someone has a quiet word in his ear and he doesn't repeat this at The Den.

I hear Gary has volunteered to help Mama on the Back Gate.

Hope he doesn't stand with his arms folded, the slovenly git.

:wagging:

But for the second year running I am appalled by the way he conducts himself when paying "respect" to those who fell in war.

Which is exactly what happened last year. Is there any chance he can stop being a football manager for a minute or two to humbly become a member of the human race?

That's absolutely bizarre behaviour... I imagine it wouldn't go down too well with JB either. The sepos take honouring their fallen even more seriously than most Brits.

That's absolutely bizarre behaviour... I imagine it wouldn't go down too well with JB either. The sepos take honouring their fallen even more seriously than most Brits.
Mate, just back from the pub. I asked a group of ten - aged form 17 to 82 - what they would think of someone honouring the last post with arms folded and chewing gum (no mention of who or circumstances) and the 100% response was very belligerent.

It is not just you and me: this is entirely 100% unacceptable across the board.

Someone must have a very serious word in his shell-like.

Received a message also from someone else who saw this (not an MO member) absolutely ripping into him. And I mean REALLY ripping into him, though he had no idea I had posted this stuff earlier. This isn't good.

the longer he is here the more about him rises to the surface ....the fans from his previous clubs are not that far wrong in their comments....can he change ? ..it seems the same shit follows him from club to club.....is he still the right man both on & off the pitch for us ? Who knows !!

GR s cv is s...t, he has failed at 2 clubs as a boss whilst playing the same type of football as hes playing at wall, boring,no passion, it has doured a once hostile crowd of fans into a let any c...t roll us over at the den, there is more life in a graveyard than at home games,at the moment.

In all the years of wacthing Wall,this is the worost and if i saw jb on the concourse i would tell him straight. We are letting this mug of a man who has no backbone ruin our club and as long as he is boss its going to get alot worost than better.

i wont keep away as a protest however will be one of the voices that will be in his ear,he shows us no respect

No excuses, respect our brave armed forces for one minute of your life be at the highest level of professionalism, If it wasn’t for them you would be speaking German Rowlett… would sound like an even bigger c@@t than he is coming across now. Ve playdz ze 5 at ze beck for ze zero zero draw!!!

Folded arms and chewing gum!!! Imagine him at a funeral prick would show up in a yellow suit and Karaoke machine shouting come on everyone it’s time to party!!!