Rowett says it all or not!

craywall70

Just read what he said News at Den,
After 10 minutes I thought it would be a great game for Romain Esse , ( so didn’t bring him on) then talks about playing unfit players (why start them then) listening to him I think he must have long Covid because his rambling hardly makes any sense.
I seriously think the bloke needs some help.

In the interest of facts and not fiction, Rowett finishes off his sentence by eluding to the fact that he had to make different substitutions because of injuries. Esse therefore would've come on if he didn't have to make enforced changes.

Would that be a fair and rationale explanation?

In the interest of facts and not fiction, Rowett finishes off his sentence by eluding to the fact that he had to make different substitutions because of injuries. Esse therefore would've come on if he didn't have to make enforced changes.

Maybe NewsatDen fiction my point being is why did he say it after 10mins Rom should of been playing, just shows he still doesn’t know who should be starting/playing?
I’m sure that Romain’s name would be one of the first in a lot of teams to start.

Last edited:

Not really, cos Danny came on in the 82nd minute, due to an injury - so up to that point we could have made a double sub, without knowing we'd pick up an injury. Unless he intended to bring Esse on for 5 minutes. Rowett's management of our talented youngsters is a massive concern.

Not really, cos Danny came on in the 82nd minute, due to an injury - so up to that point we could have made a double sub, without knowing we'd pick up an injury. Unless he intended to bring Esse on for 5 minutes. Rowett's management of our talented youngsters is a massive concern.
I would agree with the last sentence. We are seeing great talent being wasted. In my opinion, the last time we really trusted in our younguns was back in the days of Reidy, Iffy and co. They were bloodied and left to sink or swim. They swum. It was a great little period in our history.

I think Esse and Emakhu will play a decent part on Saturday- if not, I’d question why they’re even at the club.

Here we go again with the cliched criticism about youngsters when we want to give the manager stick. No doubt someone will come along with Eze story soon.

The fact is that under Rowett our development of young players has improved massively. He has given more game time to more players than any manager in many years. Several young players are right now enjoying beneficial loans both at league and national league level rather than simply staying still in the U21s which used to be the norm at our club.

When it comes to Esse and Emakhu it’s worth noting that Rowett has bought them into the first team fold as quickly as he can. Esse was promoted straight from the youth side into the squad bypassing the U21s completely and it’s easy to forget that Emakhu only played a handful of matches in the Irish league before joining yet a few months later he is in the squad every week. That doesn’t seem like their being held back to me.

Both players have serious potential but as much we have seen flashes of brilliance we’ve also seen them fail to make an impact in some games. Just last week Emakhu was dispossessed by the Leeds defence and seconds later the ball was in our net. That’s how quickly you can get punished in this division. The mere fact that we are talking about them is testament to the excellent way their development has been handled so far.

I suspect it’s more the case that because we won a game and Rowett can’t be slagged over that for a few days at least then let’s drag out the tired old generic criticisms about youngsters and use that as a stick to attack him with.

I would agree with the last sentence. We are seeing great talent being wasted. In my opinion, the last time we really trusted in our younguns was back in the days of Reidy, Iffy and co. They were bloodied and left to sink or swim. They swum. It was a great little period in our history.

I think Esse and Emakhu will play a decent part on Saturday- if not, I’d question why they’re even at the club.
it was crying out for a winger on Wednesday night , botherrum were awful and cuffy was going through them ,if we had the Irish lad on we would have created so much more but does not get al sniff

In all fairness, Champs, those players were let loose in the third tier, nigh on a quarter of a century ago, when we didn’t have a pot to piss in. To boot, the Championship these days has teams with higher quality than then, let alone the third tier.