Rowett has to go

champs08

Please come on here and defend him after losing against a team that hadn’t won in 8, having been leading 3-1 at half time. Then he takes off Burke, Watmore and Bradshaw - the goal scores and leading goal scorer when we need a goal.

I will pre empt the Normal questions - Kevin Nugent with Robbo as assistant please.

Yeah he needs to go.

Go to a club where the fans might appreciate how he manages to get their club within a whisker of the top six despite having one of the lowest budgets in the division and with a squad of honest but limited journeymen and doesn’t have to put up with fraggle fickle cunts who want him sacked at every opportunity. Our fucking divvy supporters deserve Kevin Nugent and a spell in league one.

Was that the worst 45 minutes of football by a millwall side ? It's been a great season but it could have been better but for next season we need
A proper big C.F. to partner Bradshaw
A creative midfielder
The basic ability to pass the ball from one team mate to another
Abandon the drop back and defend when we go in front tactics it as cost us so many points
Rowett get your subs correct ..complete farce again today
Don't know What kind of dressing room talk he gave at half time but the players & manager should hang their heads in shame

As gutting as it is, no one person is to blame and personally I don't feel the need to find blame in it all, it's football and what makes successful times so great.
We should have made it but didn't, I can imagine what residents of Kiev think of us feeling sorry for ourselves right now, we go again next season in good shape with some big games to come.

Last edited:
Please come on here and defend him

Thanks very much for the invitation to come on here and defend him, because I will, happily. He's done an excellent job with a bog average squad, apart from a handfull of decent exceptions... :grinning:

In my opinion, we should be looking at enhancing and building the squad, rather than binning a manager that has been laying some very good foundations at the club. Quality strength in depth, is defianlty what is needed if we are serious about another play-off challenge. Oh, and a couple of been there and done it, cool heads. We seriously needed some of that this afternoon, then maybe we wouldn't of folded, second half, like a deck of cards. Which we have done a few times this season. He's done very well on the budget he's been given..

I’m not for sacking GR. However, our priority must be to get a decent midfielder. Every team we play seem to dominate that area. We cannot expect to win important matches when we are so weak in that area. Also I’ve said it enough times on this forum Long is not good enough. His shot stopping is pathetic. It’s not that he has been in action much but he does not give our defenders any confidence in him. If Bart had been a regular this Season we would have comfortably made the playoffs.

I am so gutted so for once, I will be brief.

Some of our players bottled it today and threw away a game that was basically impossible to lose. That's not to say Rowett isn't partially to blame, but this one is mainly on the players that were on the field.

At this moment in time he can fuck right off and I never want to hear his name mentioned again. Tomorrow morning however when reality has kicked in I think we've done well I'm normally happy with a top ten finish, our success came with Cresswell and went with him, Rowett needs a attack minded assistant and a couple of decent signings this summer we'll be ready for top six finish next season.

Thanks very much for the invitation to come on here and defend him, because I will, happily. He's done an excellent job with a bog average squad, apart from a handfull of decent exceptions... :grinning:

In my opinion, we should be looking at enhancing and building the squad, rather than binning a manager that has been laying some very good foundations at the club. Quality strength in depth, is defianlty what is needed if we are serious about another play-off challenge. Oh, and a couple of been there and done it, cool heads. We seriously needed some of that this afternoon, then maybe we wouldn't have folded, second half, like a deck of cards. Which we have done a few times this season. He's done very well on the budget he's been given..
With respect - Luton

I’m not a Rowett fan. Never have been, never will be all the time he would rather not lose a game then actually try and win it.

But if people think the club are gonna get rid of him they are being a little delusional. The only way he won’t be the gaffer next season is if a midlands club comes in for him, but as he has burned his bridges with a number of them already I see him being here for the foreseeable.

I am so gutted so for once, I will be brief.

Some of our players bottled it today and threw away a game that was basically impossible to lose. That's not to say Rowett isn't partially to blame, but this one is mainly on the players that were on the field.
Mate, take off 2 goals scorers and our top goal scorer and we blame it on the players?

For once we should’ve been defending for 20 mins and instead we change nothing. The only person that can change the game is a manager - the players go on and run about.

Rowett came with a three year plan and we have seen an improvement year on year, achieved with reportedly one of the lowest budgets in the Championship. He has taken us to the last game of the league season, maintaining an interest in the play offs until the 86th minute of the final day.
I would like to think he will accept he has made mistakes along the way, not being able to beat the lesser teams, his use of subs, and setting up too defensive at times. Todays subs were inexplicable to me unless he saw injury or extreme tiredness in our strikers and scorers who must have been on such a high at half time. Just what did he say then?
I would obviously like to see us take the next step, and would give GR one more season hoping he improves upon where criticised above, and in the knowledge he seems most capable of ensuring our Championship status, the number one requirement IMO.
Losing to four lower end teams in our final eight games is really why we haven't made the play offs, not today.

Mate, take off 2 goals scorers and our top goal scorer and we blame it on the players?

For once we should’ve been defending for 20 mins and instead we change nothing. The only person that can change the game is a manager - the players go on and run about.

Just my opinion. The game was won by half-time. Do you think Rowett told them to not bother turning up 2nd half and then crumble? That game was virtually impossible to lose.

As for Kevin Nugent as manager, I assume that is a joke.