Roger Wynter 1983

Lions21

Just watched an old Standard five a side where we won the final 3-2 against Brentford.
We had Sansom, McCleary, Massey, Super Ted and Roger Winter. I cannot remember ever seeing Winter play in the first team. He was absolutely mustard here though, scoring 8 goals in the tournament to take us to victory and he was only 17. Anyone remember him playing for the first team? He looked by far our best player along with Massey. 5 a side was not really Ted’s forte and he looked a bit too slow for it.

Its Roger Wynter
He never ever played a first team game

Later years he got in trouble for a mugging offence
Yeah massey looked good in that Tment
I copied it years ago onto a disc via YT

Just watched an old Standard five a side where we won the final 3-2 against Brentford.
We had Sansom, McCleary, Massey, Super Ted and Roger Winter. I cannot remember ever seeing Winter play in the first team. He was absolutely mustard here though, scoring 8 goals in the tournament to take us to victory and he was only 17. Anyone remember him playing for the first team? He looked by far our best player along with Massey. 5 a side was not really Ted’s forte and he looked a bit too slow for it.
Coincidence, I watched the Brentford final earlier

He was brilliant at five a side but out of his depth on a football pitch. In the same way I’m not bad on a pool table but total pony on a snooker table.
When I saw the line up I just expected Ted to be the stand out player but Wynter looked class. I’d never heard of him, Shame he could not transfer it to the proper pitch as you say.

He was chucked out by millwall for doing a mugging allegedly with a knife, probably should've made it but fucked it all up, believe he went to play in America

I sent a link to Andy Massey
He used to live my way Grove Park years ago
Often see him about especially by the train station opp The Baring

I actually gave him a copy of that action on Dvd near the dockers day
Saw him when he was window cleaning the club shop windows

He used to live my way Grove Park years ago
Often see him about especially by the train station opp The Baring

I actually gave him a copy of that action on Dvd near the dockers day
Saw him when he was window cleaning the club shop windows
Two memories of Massey, one was him cleaning Windows round Grove Park (fair play to him) & the other is one “fan” shouting “Deptford Scum” at him in one of his poorer games. Seemed a bit harsh at the time & more so now. Glad he’s been doing a bit with the club

Think it was winter who pulled a knife out in a training ground bust up and wall fuked him off
Massy , was at the fa cup game 84 running round to the shed to say ello, my mate taps me and massy is running round with us & few hundred others

Think it was winter who pulled a knife out in a training ground bust up and wall fuked him off
Massy , was at the fa cup game 84 running round to the shed to say ello, my mate taps me and massy is running round with us & few hundred others
No that was not Wynter that was Mcammon and the other young black lad forgot his name
As said above his wynter incident was in Brixton
Recall at the time it being in the South London Press