Rod Liddle on the Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
GR, if they could afford him would likely keep them from going down. Although I cant see him moving south from his local area. Their defence is a real sh*t show. If they can stop shipping late goals they will stay up.

They really are deluded, aren't they.
They think that anyone who takes the time to write about them must like them.
No spotters, he was gloating and taking the piss.
Deluded in many areas, there are quite a few managers too good for their position being mentioned and all they can do is find fault with them, it's as though they want to wait and sign Klopp in the summer.

Could Charlton do a much worse than get Alan Curbishley in for the rest of the season? 🤔

He hasn’t managed for some while but I’m sure he has nous and experience to arrest the decline, avoid the drop and lay a foundation for a permanent appointment next season 🤷‍♂️

They really could go down. Look at their next 6 fixtures. 5 are against teams challenging at the top and the other one is a 6 pointer away to Reading who are in a false position because of their points deduction.

They cannot buy a win at the moment and by March they could be deep in the shit and what manager worth his salt would go to a club like that? Run as a shambles and looking at L2 next season. Them talking about wanting Rowett is laughable. Such a deluded fan base. They think they’re some sort of sleeping giant lol

The paragraph relating to Andy May made chuckle.this
Me too. I like this bit below,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Appleton thought that the genuinely talented Alfie May wasn’t getting sufficient service from the wings, so he played Alfie May on the wing to provide a service for Alfie May who — he had presumably forgotten — was no longer in the centre, because he was on the wing.

:grinning::grinning:

Could Charlton do a much worse than get Alan Curbishley in for the rest of the season? 🤔

He hasn’t managed for some while but I’m sure he has nous and experience to arrest the decline, avoid the drop and lay a foundation for a permanent appointment next season 🤷‍♂️
It worked for us when we got John Docherty back as manager when we were struggling in League One.

Them talking about wanting Rowett is laughable. Such a deluded fan base.
So true mate and i always thought that accolade went to the Nigels. Twelve games without a win is relegation form but there seems to be worse teams below them, unfortunately. Would be very funny if they did go down.

The Pratt’s are all wetting their because of talk that jones is about to say yes to the job. He much be desperate for work 😂

Maybe Jesus Jones would be a good bet for them. Lets face it, they look like they will need as much help from above as they can get:
"Jones is a devout Christian who credits his faith with getting him through bad times.[72] He has several religious tattoos on his body including praying hands and the crucifixion on his left biceps and forearm, Jesus Christ on his right biceps, and Michaelangelo's 'The Creation of Adam' across his back.[73]

Nathan Jones does not hide his faith and is very open to mentioning it during press conferences, occasionally appending 'God willing' to his hope that his tactics work."

:bow:

According to their supporter base, Curbishley says he doesn’t want the job.

Understandable really, when you think of his legacy at the club, and how he wouldn’t want that sullied if he as manager couldn’t prevent them from being relegated to L2.

The Pratt’s are all wetting their because of talk that jones is about to say yes to the job. He much be desperate for work 😂
It would be a real surprise if Jones took the job, bearing in mind he was recently a Prem manager. Would have thought he’d be in for at least a Championship job. Maybe managerless Huddersfield might now approach him?

The spotters also seem to want a manager who was either formally a player, or someone once connected at the club in some way, believing (wrongly) that they will know ’the Charlton way’ (even though former players like Bowyer and Jackson didn’t fare too well when they were in charge.)

That’s why they’re wetting themselves over the prospect of appointing Jones who once, many years ago, worked with their U18’s-U21’s for a year. With sound logical decision making like this, is it any wonder that they currently find themselves in so much shit at the foot of league 1?

And what happens if they do appoint Jones, and he doesn’t keep them in league 1? As soon as another higher placed club comes in for him, he’ll be off! He has previous form for doing this.

The thing for me, looking down at their pitiful plight and their parade of failed managers and nut job Chairman, is we were blessed with John. Had a bit of clout behind him, sensible and stable management of the club. He made mistakes, of course, but learnt from them but was never a fly by night.

Anyway, back to chuckle town, I have little sympathy but thank fuck we’re not in that division.

Maybe Jesus Jones would be a good bet for them. Lets face it, they look like they will need as much help from above as they can get:
"Jones is a devout Christian who credits his faith with getting him through bad times.[72] He has several religious tattoos on his body including praying hands and the crucifixion on his left biceps and forearm, Jesus Christ on his right biceps, and Michaelangelo's 'The Creation of Adam' across his back.[73]

Nathan Jones does not hide his faith and is very open to mentioning it during press conferences, occasionally appending 'God willing' to his hope that his tactics work."

:bow:
A spotters Adam's apple on his cock tattoo if he went there

Status
Not open for further replies.