Remember ian rush? Nw

Must be skint? Selling g his European golden boot, estimated at £50- £100000
Ha ha ha! He's from down the road from me. My mate's Dad was his teacher in school and managed to get him to open our village bowling green in about 1983 at which time he was probably the best striker in Europe! Difficult imagining any of the current PL narcissistist doing something like that now

I’m sure he scored against us when we played at Chester in the FA cup. Good day other than the result drinking in a pub next to the racecourse

I was at that game too. I thought he scored but don’t remember too much about it, or how he played against us. I think Alan McKenna played one of his few games for us that day.

Never looked like a professional sportsman to me, his gait seemed all wrong and he always looked painfully skinny... But by Christ he was lethal in the box.

Went to stamford Bridge a couple of times to watch him against Chelsea every time he was on goal you could hear the Chelsea fans take a sharp take of breath some of them even turning their back to his shot . I bet there's only an handful of players that can have that affect on a home crowd.

Didn't he once say it was his ambition to play for one of the top clubs in the Italian League, such as Barcelona?
Or something like that.
I think that when asked what it was like playing in Italy, replied that it was like playing in a foreign country!

Or something

If he's skint you would have thought the club, a player or even those salt of the earth. good old, chirpy, theiving, bin dipping fans would help the geezer out, A sponsored 24 hour shoplifting spree would raise a few quid, a sponsored minutes silence for this weeks victim, better still they could burgle him again, sell it to the club and give him a score out of the profit.

Last edited: