Relegation - the upsides

Good post mate. Realistic
Personally I don't think anyone is being 'hysterical', I think we have a 'reasonable' request of getting rid of a useless '"manager" or should I say someone who is 'playing manager' before the damage is irreversible.

If you saw someone you love in the road with a car coming down the road aiming right at them, how long would you wait before you did something about it?

I do think people are getting a bit carried away here. As Peckham said, we've been in this league 7 years, not 70. We are punching above our weight, clubs in and around us have bigger gates, more money and in some cases better players.

We need a reboot. To survive in the Championship, we need a better keeper, at least 3 new defenders, a creative midfielder and a goalscorer. Even if options were out there, we can't afford them.

Would we have stayed up this season under Rowett? Probably, but results were poor, so who knows. Will we stay up under Edwards? Looks unlikely right now, but if QPR are hit with a 10 point deduction, we probably will.

Historically, we are a div 3 team. Yes, you can point to Luton and say it can be done, but look at how many clubs beneath us that have 'done a Luton' but are now on their uppers.

We are a well run club, if we go down, we will cut our cloth, if we stay up, JE or not, we need to rebuild. Right now, we need to be strong not hysterical. Sure, make your feelings known, but hard to see how a witch-hunt right now helps. If the board see fit to sack Edwards after Saturday so be it, if not, we go again.

Sneaky feeling Obafemi could be our trump card Saturday.

We are Millwall, let's act like it eh!
Good post. The fact is that we'll never know if we'd be in the same boat if GR had stayed on. I think that we were on the decline when he left. However, while it's just my guess, I don't think that we'd see quite as many stupid defensive errors under GR so I think we'd be a few points better off. That said, before he left, I wasn't shouting for him to go but I wasn't too disappointed either - there's a time for every manager to go. As you say, the team needs rebuilding and a new broom is probably better for that.

As for a new manager, the question isn't just about do we need to sack JE to stay up. Even if he's not sacked, does anyone think that he's the man to help us do well in League 1 if that's what happens? If we go down, we're returning to a place where we've been before, not the end of the world. But we do want someone in charge who gives us a shot at getting back. So we don't want a witch hunt but I would be curious to know if anyone thinks that we've seen anything in JE's management so far which suggests that he can be a decent manager for us.

Last edited:
For me,
Good post. The fact is that we'll never know if we'd be in the same boat if GR had stayed on. I think that we were on the decline when he left. However, while it's just my guess, I don't think that we'd see quite as many stupid defensive errors under GR so I think we'd be a few points better off. That said, before he left, I wasn't shouting for him to go but I wasn't too disappointed either - there's a time for every manager to go. As you say, the team needs rebuilding and a new broom is probably better for that.

As for a new manager, the question isn't just about do we need to sack JE to stay up. Even if he's not sacked, does anyone think that he's the man to help us do well in League 1 if that's what happens? If we go down, we're returning to a place where we've been before, not the end of the world. But we do want someone in charge who gives us a shot at getting back. So we don't want a witch hunt but I would be curious to know if anyone thinks that we've seen anything in JE's management so far which suggests that he can be a decent manager for us.
To be fair, some of our football since he took over has been breathtaking by our standards. Just not enough stamina and self belief to last 90 mins. The consequences are stareing us in the face. To me, there are absolutely no upsides to relegation.

For me,

To be fair, some of our football since he took over has been breathtaking by our standards. Just not enough stamina and self belief to last 90 mins. The consequences are stareing us in the face. To me, there are absolutely no upsides to relegation.
Also, to be fair, did GR walk because he knew it was going downhill fast? Fucked Long off and paid a fair price for Shark, who isn’t exactly solid. Pissed the team off with that move, bred a loss of confidence in the defence.

Then along comes Joe with his iPad and tippy tappy formula for playing, the whole bundle must of left the defenders dazed and confused. Throw in an uncreative midfield, uninspiring wing backs ( other than BNC) and a strike force that have been isolated, in and out of the squad. No consistency nor quality. The team have copped the hump, now the fans. Frankly, I don’t envy Joe.