Reading v Millwall match thread

More from Ince

"It was probably a horrible game and not an entertaining game but that's how they [Millwall] make it" says the manager of the team who's sole tactic was lump it up in the air to the big bloke.

Tbf he was right about one thing:

"We (Reading) haven't got the quality that other teams have got."
So he didn't have the good grace to say that we won because we had more quality players. What a surprise.
Am I bovvered? Nah, I just look at the league table.

I do hope Mr Lion .......... that you worked out I was being completely sarcastic 😂😂😂😂😂
I do hope Mr Lion .......... that you worked out I was being completely sarcastic 😂😂😂😂😂
Good morning Mr Gaeilge, you need not worry.
I did post and I quote “we” .
So I get completely where you are coming from and thought my little emoji thingy type things would have reinforced that.😂😂😂

Some have asked if their keeper should have been sent off or yellow carded and he received neither. Well these are the rules on the subject from the FA website and it seems he should have had a yellow! Ref doesn't know what he's doing! 😉

"DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY (DOGSO)

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling,
pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence, the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area).

A player, sent-off player, substitute or substituted player who enters the field of play without the required referee's permission and interferes with play or an opponent and denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity is guilty of a sending-off offence.

The following must be considered:

• distance between the offence and the goal
  • general direction of the play
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
  • location and number of defenders"

Some have asked if their keeper should have been sent off or yellow carded and he received neither. Well these are the rules on the subject from the FA website and it seems he should have had a yellow! Ref doesn't know what he's doing! 😉

"DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY (DOGSO)

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling,
pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off.

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence, the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area).

A player, sent-off player, substitute or substituted player who enters the field of play without the required referee's permission and interferes with play or an opponent and denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity is guilty of a sending-off offence.

The following must be considered:

• distance between the offence and the goal
  • general direction of the play
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
  • location and number of defenders"
Based on TV Highlights I thought it was a yellow, not a red.

Also, not sure if it was in the box, but what do I care? :grinning:

So he didn't have the good grace to say that we won because we had more quality players. What a surprise.
Am I bovvered? Nah, I just look at the league table.
More like he didn't have the good grace to say our centre half had his centre forward in his pocket

Based on TV Highlights I thought it was a yellow, not a red.

Also, not sure if it was in the box, but what do I care? :grinning:
There’s also a debate about whether it was inside or outside the area. Deffo pen inside and should be a yellow and he’s off if outside. A win-win! 👍Although the former preferred 😉
Mind you GR thought it was green! 😯