Rangers after cresswell

Why would he want to play in a league where, in effect, there’s only 2 clubs that can win it?

They are linked to every player that comes up. Leeds would be insane to sell him. He has loads of improvement to come.
You say that, but Leeds supporters believe they have a lot of expensive, shit to average talent playing for them, and they will need to get them off their books if they want to use their sale money to buy in new players to reshape the team.

Problem with that is, a lot of these players are on long contracts and on big money, which is going to hurt them financially if they are going to continue paying them whilst being in the Championship! And because of that, and their lack of ability, who is going to buy them at a price Leeds won’t want to lose money on? So a player like Cresswell, who came through Leeds youth academy and cost them fuck all in the first place, would be an ideal selling candidate at £4.5M (or whatever the figure is), which the club could use to buy in new players to improve the team!

I doubt he'd leave Leeds for another championship club and i can't see a premier club taking a punt on him just yet. Seems like Leeds are securing an asset and Cresswell will be getting a pay rise.

I heard he would only sign a new contract if he was assured of getting playing time. Looks like he is going to be one of their main defenders this season

I would happily pay 5million for Cresswell as I think he could be worth 25million in a few years. A sound investment if our new chairman wants to show intent.