R.I.P. Orient fan.

Rip.

Lincoln seem a fated club, they were the opponents that Bradford were playing when the stand caught fire. I’m sure there was another incident when a player died on the pitch. (my memory might be wrong)

Your right second wave a lad called David Longhirst from corby died on the pitch playing for york City against Lincoln.

Look, I don’t wish to seem like a heartless bastard here, though I probably am, BUT…it is a sad fact of life that hundreds of people die in Britain every single day.
Tragic for the families concerned and sad for their friends and everyone else who knew and liked them.
Nobody’s life is more or less valuable in the great scheme of things than anybody else’s.
Is it just me that thinks some of this hand wringing when an anonymous, unknown individual dies is getting a bit much

Just to be clear…I M NOT talking about when a club loses a chairman, or a former player or captain etc.

ok, I’m a heartless bastard.

Look, I don’t wish to seem like a heartless bastard here, though I probably am, BUT…it is a sad fact of life that hundreds of people die in Britain every single day.
Tragic for the families concerned and sad for their friends and everyone else who knew and liked them.
Nobody’s life is more or less valuable in the great scheme of things than anybody else’s.
Is it just me that thinks some of this hand wringing when an anonymous, unknown individual dies is getting a bit much

Just to be clear…I M NOT talking about when a club loses a chairman, or a former player or captain etc.

ok, I’m a heartless bastard.
I get what you mean because 1,689 people die everyday in the UK , that’s more than one person per minute ,so you mean we should be shocked all day long.

I get what you mean because 1,689 people die everyday in the UK , that’s more than one person per minute ,so you mean we should be shocked all day long.
That’s my feeling, yes.
A minute’s silence for each of them would take 28.15 hours.
Not very practical, is it?
Ignore me, I’m just a grumpy old bastard who can’t stand some aspects of modern life.
But for the internet, we would not even have heard about this person’s passing.
I’m sure other people died in SOUTH London last night too, but we didn’t hear about them.

That’s my feeling, yes.
Ignore me, I’m just a grumpy old bastard who can’t stand some aspects of modern life.
I’m sure other people died in SOUTH London last night too, but we didn’t hear about them.
I think it’s because he was a football fan people relate

That’s my feeling, yes.
I think that a lot of us on here have now become very Grumpy old bastards!

That’s my feeling, yes.
I get what you're saying BP but isn't it about where he was when he died and what he was doing. You would have marked the passing of a fellow fire fighter even if you had never met them, even if they were from the other side of the world. Similarly, for someone from your village even if you didn't know them well. It's about the community you come from or are part of. This was someone at a football match so we can relate directly to it. Last night there was a minutes applause in the 44th minute for a Plymouth fan who died aged 44 who meant something to their club. Millwall fans didn't know him but everyone stood up and joined in - a fact noted and respected on their fans forum

I get what you're saying BP but isn't it about where he was when he died and what he was doing. You would have marked the passing of a fellow fire fighter even if you had never met them, even if they were from the other side of the world. Similarly, for someone from your village even if you didn't know them well. It's about the community you come from or are part of. This was someone at a football match so we can relate directly to it. Last night there was a minutes applause in the 44th minute for a Plymouth fan who died aged 44 who meant something to their club. Millwall fans didn't know him but everyone stood up and joined in - a fact noted and respected on their fans forum
Some points well made, Vassals,I understand what you’re saying too.
I am just a miserable old git after all. 😎

When I snuff it, please don’t have a minute’s applause for me, or I’ll come back and haunt you. All of you!

Members online