Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Moody's seems to have lodged himself inside 'Douche Bags' underpants and, it's irritating The Spotter. Douche can't stop scratching...
:grinning:

DOUCHER
12:49PM

You're right, we should have a thread dedicated purely to millwall like they have for us. Us losing to them is irritating, no question, don't mind admitting it - us saying we are bigger and more successful than them irritates them - they have a thread with a resident statto who's sole aim in life is to try and disprove this - we wouldn't keep saying it if it didn't wind them up - the irony of their thread about it is what makes it so funny.

They will never quote that historical stats one still though, let alone discuss - as it completely blows their ‘No history Smallwall v Sleeping Giant Charlton’ narrative to pieces.

Charlton Athletic were set up by teenagers in awe of Millwall, after the ‘Lions of the South’ showed that London clubs could match their FL rivals in runs to the SFs of the FA Cup at the turn of the century, especially the victory over the mighty Aston Villa side of the time in the QFs.

Ever since they’ve been trying to carve out their own unique identity - be that as the Valiants, Robins or Addicks.

Any amateur football historian would look at Charlton’s history and see that this is a modest club playing on the London/Kent borders that got very lucky with a manager in the 1930s. They were essentially a park side until 1919 and nearly went out of business in the 1920s because gates were so small. Since the late 1950s they’ve been mostly a very mediocre second tier club with a relatively small hardcore support for a London side who have enjoyed some purple patches, but with a large armchair / floating football fan catchment area due to a location next to NW Kent when they are playing top flight football.

He can think that’s nonsense if it helps maintain the idea that Charlton Athletic are SE London’s West Ham United... but I think he’d find that 99.9% of other football fans and pundits etc would think that’s crazy and they are more like the east side of the M25’s answer to Watford - basically a modest club, with a typically southern stereotype support, who enjoy the odd purple patch amongst lots of mediocracy.

And sorry Douche - the stats do prove Millwall are the bigger club.

As I said earlier in the thread, he’s going to have such a come down when he goes to The Valley and there’s actually a crowd there. They’ve sold themselves to him as some sort of passionate and partisan crowd. What an anti climax that’s going to be for him. We don’t call it The Valium for nothing zzzzz
That’s why he needs to meet them on the 13:52 London Bridge to Charlton Saturday service. The Anoraks are are different animal on the 8 carriage Class 465. All very exciting.

Bless, self-delusion is a powerful thing. Charlton fans remind me of those average girls that wear lots of make-up and get dumped by the good looking lad they managed to snag in a dark nightclub and tell them that ‘they’ll never get better’ and genuinely still believe that when they see the lad with a hot yoga teacher...

CC7FB175-D6C5-418E-A66C-B75B91384D34.jpeg

😂

3 pages in the football supplement in the Sun today. The rock god says that now he has full control, he has revised his 15 year plan to 10 or maybe even 8, to get them in the European places in the Premiership.
Noticed they signed Bogle yesterday.

What I don't understand is why they think a club suddenly goes flying up the leagues with a new owner. It takes time, usually lots of years, and add to that, this lot are not really flush with an over talented squad. Due to the various restrictions in place, they can't even waste money on average, over priced players.

It would take skill these days from a manager who has the experience for that type of fight (a few of the old school managers spring to mind). Most of them think the angry, "I'm no racist, I have never been and never will be," thug of a manager they have, fits the bill. Although, an element of them are waiting for his bubble to burst with Danish Dave... I think they might be the sensible ones.

What I don't understand is why they think a club suddenly goes flying up the leagues with a new owner. It takes time, usually lots of years, and add to that, this lot are not really flush with an over talented squad. Due to the various restrictions in place, they can't even waste money on average, over priced players.

It would take skill these days from a manager who has the experience for that type of fight (a few of the old school managers spring to mind). Most of them think the angry, "I'm no racist, I have never been and never will be," thug of a manager they have, fits the bill. Although, an element of them are waiting for his bubble to burst with Danish Dave... I think they might be the sensible ones.

I think Danish Dave has played a blinder... got himself an English football club to boast about to his American and Danish mates for less than the price of a house in Chelsea or even a luxury yacht and because of a wage cap can get away with only signing freebies and loans on a combined wage of £2.5m - which as someone pointed out, is a nice tax write off sum for him.

I think his ego will be his downfall... worse set of fans to promise European football too in the country, as they are so entitled. He’s obviously got carried away there.

Bless, self-delusion is a powerful thing. Charlton fans remind me of those average girls that wear lots of make-up and get dumped by the good looking lad they managed to snag in a dark nightclub and tell them that ‘they’ll never get better’ and genuinely still believe that when they see the lad with a hot yoga teacher...

View attachment 8913

😂
Haha, i presume that no anorak has ever left a job for a better wage elsewhere.

Rock and roll man, it's easy when you have chairman that can strum a guitar.

Barcelona we're coming for you, be very scared 1602341861676.png

El Fisto de fearo :cowboy: