Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Surely it was the one named specially after the average Charlton supporter: The Dullard...!

I reckon they love the ‘Oliver Cromwell’:

77BA29D9-A493-4E60-8FA7-24F698637332.jpeg

Named after a humourless, self-righteous, pompous arse.

However, they may be something to this trainspotter malarkey after all... I found this interesting, the ‘Oliver Cromwell’ was the last steam engine to ever receive an overhaul by British Rail. It’s one final duty in regular service was as a football special on 31st December 1967, which it worked from Carlisle to Blackpool.

I may have to buy an anorak and flask and start getting down The Valley. To be fair, I know more about the Robins than the average accountant from Sidcup who gets the Valley Express.

I reckon they love the ‘Oliver Cromwell’:

View attachment 9963

Named after a humourless, self-righteous, pompous arse.

However, they may be something to this trainspotter malarkey after all... I found this interesting, the ‘Oliver Cromwell’ was the last steam engine to ever receive an overhaul by British Rail. It’s one final duty in regular service was as a football special on 31st December 1967, which it worked from Carlisle to Blackpool.
Now that what you call "warts and all" history....

One of them bragging about doing Millwall at LB, They really need putting back in there box.

Ha. If they’ve brought that up, all it proves is they lost to Millwall again!

They can’t argue against Millwall having the more robust hardcore support - that’s been proven by the fact that Millwall have averaged a higher average attendance in far, far more seasons than them when the two clubs have played at the same level. Despite them enjoying far more seasons in the top flight and none in bottom tier. Fact.

They can’t argue against the idea Millwall had the far greater potential to be a proper big club than them. We consistently drew big crowds on average for just Second and Third tier football. They never did. In fact, I don’t think Charlton have ever drawn a big crowd outside of a top flight match against a big club or a big FA Cup match. Certainly not outside of the top division and I doubt over 45,000 - unlike Millwall who drew over 45,000 for a Third Division South match of no consequence & over 35,000 for Third & Second tier matches numerous times. In fact, they have never sold a London derby match out outside of the top flight.

They can’t argue against the fact that Millwall took huge followings to Wembley on a number of occasions for unfashionable fixtures, to underline that old potential from our past.

They can’t argue against the fact that Millwall are the only SE London club to play in Europe.

They can’t argue against the fact Millwall are the last SE London to win a major honour - the 1983 Football League Group Cup. Competed for by the senior teams of clubs from every division across England.

They can’t argue the fact that Millwall generate more in match day income than them, suggesting that their attendance figures are very much the Emperor’s new clothes - which they have form for.

They can’t deny that the last decade hasn’t just seen the two clubs return to their more familiar relationship of being pretty similar, but that Millwall have overtaken them. They have been a League One yo-yo club for over a decade now. No dreams about ‘Thomas’ making that all better in their heads changes that actual reality at the moment, a reality brought home by a quite comprehensive schooling by lowly MK Dons by all accounts, hot on the heels of reality checks by Gillingham and Burton!

So now we will see the good old fall back position of ‘well Millwall are scum so ner ner’, strangely partnered with ‘yeah, well we beat you up, so you’re not so tough anymore’, designed to get under the likes of your skin Herman.

Crikey... Millwall 1 Charlton nil... again!

They can’t argue against Millwall having the more robust hardcore support - that’s been proven by the fact that Millwall have averaged a higher average attendance in far, far more seasons than them when the two clubs have played at the same level. Despite them enjoying far more seasons in the top flight and none in bottom tier. Fact.

They can’t argue against the idea Millwall had the far greater potential to be a proper big club than them. We consistently drew big crowds on average for just Second and Third tier football. They never did. In fact, I don’t think Charlton have ever drawn a big crowd outside of a top flight match against a big club or a big FA Cup match. Certainly not outside of the top division and I doubt over 45,000 - unlike Millwall who drew over 45,000 for a Third Division South match of no consequence & over 35,000 for Third & Second tier matches numerous times. In fact, they have never sold a London derby match out outside of the top flight.

They can’t argue against the fact that Millwall took huge followings to Wembley on a number of occasions for unfashionable fixtures, to underline that old potential from our past.

They can’t argue against the fact that Millwall are the only SE London club to play in Europe.

They can’t argue against the fact Millwall are the last SE London to win a major honour - the 1983 Football League Group Cup. Competed for by the senior teams of clubs from every division across England.

They can’t argue the fact that Millwall generate more in match day income than them, suggesting that their attendance figures are very much the Emperor’s new clothes - which they have form for.

They can’t deny that the last decade hasn’t just seen the two clubs return to their more familiar relationship of being pretty similar, but that Millwall have overtaken them. They have been a League One yo-yo club for over a decade now. No dreams about ‘Thomas’ making that all better in their heads changes that actual reality at the moment, a reality brought home by a quite comprehensive schooling by lowly MK Dons by all accounts, hot on the heels of reality checks by Gillingham and Burton!

So now we will see the good old fall back position of ‘well Millwall are scum so ner ner’, strangely partnered with ‘yeah, well we beat you up, so you’re not so tough anymore’, designed to get under the likes of your skin Herman.

The only thing they beat is their meat.

In the old day's we would of took a tidy little firm to there next home game and put the record straight, I remember a game mid 80s against Stoke, We went there seventy handed and terrorised the pair of the cunts.

The Valium was never really their ground when we played them there.
(well, at least until the ground segregation started).

August 1968, my first ever visit to The Valium (when we won 3-4). I was Eleven and what struck me most (apart from that huge terrace), was how many Millwall supporters were there, scattered all over the ground. That covered end was weird when they scored, hardly any reaction. Through the 70's it was still going on, scarfers and 'chaps' would just amble into that covered end unopposed.

An abiding memory of those silly tossers back then would be that daft clapping thing they did. They sounded like really high pitched kids and girl guides....
"clap, clap, clap clap clap... clap clap clap clap...Charlton!!" Like the thing the kids would do at the England internationals at Wembley.

:shake: Proper idiotic, Stoat shagging wankers. The present crop are just as embarrassing .

The Valium was never really their ground when we played them there.
(well, at least until the ground segregation started).

August 1968, my first ever visit to The Valium (when we won 3-4). I was Eleven and what struck me most (apart from that huge terrace), was how many Millwall supporters were there, scattered all over the ground. That covered end was weird when they scored, hardly any reaction. Through the 70's it was still going on, scarfers and 'chaps' would just amble into that covered end unopposed.

An abiding memory of those silly tossers back then would be that daft clapping thing they did. They sounded like really high pitched kids and girl guides....
"clap, clap, clap clap clap... clap clap clap clap...Charlton!!" Like the thing the kids would do at the England internationals at Wembley.

:shake: Proper idiotic, Stoat shagging wankers. The present crop are just as embarrassing .

My first ever Millwall Charlton match was in 1988.

I was very confused as kid, as it was at Selhurst Park, where I had been taken the year before to watch us lose 1-0 to Palace in a very feisty atmosphere created between us visiting fans and the home support. However, this time, even though we were away again, it was like a home match, with about 90% of the crowd Millwall fans - enjoying themselves in the sunshine as we cruised to a 3-0 win. Whilst the few Charlton fans tried to avoid eye contact at all costs.

I guess it was these early experiences that made me dislike Palace ever since and think of Charlton as a bit of a joke.

Come, come, this is one area where the Stoat shaggers excel, they are a complete joke! :lol:

I actually don’t mind Charlton Athletic FC. I think it’s pretty romantic how they were founded - by a group of young lads. Who, by the way, gave a nod to the great Millwall Athletic side of the era in their name. I think the idea of them going from being pretty much a park side in 1919 to the First Division in under 20 years is a great English football story. And the fight to get their ground back was pretty heroic.

It is just this zealot like insistence that Millwall have no football history to speak of, that they are somehow the only potential sleeping giant SE London has ever had and how they somehow belong in the PL that I have issue with.

I have said it before, and I’ll say it again, I blame the campaigns by their Kent element to drum up new support there for this - they recruited a load of new fans using cheap PL football on subsidised coaches, who seem to have a big chip on their shoulder about Charlton being a big club - which is getting worse every season they spend slumming it with the likes of Fleetwood Town. Brainwashing at its finest!

Last edited:
Oh no. Don’t tell Lord Bowyer, but the BBC have just said the 2,000 Wall fans are creating a right old racket - and you can certainly hear that coming through!

7104386A-52E8-479F-B198-9D4D768872AB.jpeg

Last edited:
The Derby commentators on the stream I’m watching just commented on the atmosphere being made by the 2000 Millwall fans there today. Coming across load and clear on the stream.
The ‘Miiiiilllll’ was very loud and sounded like a normal 15,000 crowd in there.