Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Any Office fans will notice that’s there’s a bit of a similarity between Tim and Gareth’s relationship to ours and Charlton‘s.

Tim doesn’t hate Gareth, but finds him irritating, as well as amusing. In one episode Tim is offered the caretaker manager’s job and decides to instead talk Gareth up, focusing on his qualities suitable to the role, such as being serious minded and hardworking. However, he instantly regrets it when Gareth is given the role, as all of his other traits quickly come bubbling to the surface, such as pomposity, bigger than ever.

Trust me, if this Danish bloke manages to deal with ESI and convince Roland to take a loss and starts pumping money into the Anoraks, those of you that took pity of them and wished them well in their fight will soon regret it!

no one on here did that. Most just didn’t want to see them go out of business totally

no one on here did that. Most just didn’t want to see them go out of business totally

That’s what I said isn’t it..

‘those of you that took pity on them and wished them well in their fight’

NB: I’m not saying that people shouldn’t be hoping they don’t go bust... just that in my experience, people will regret it from the point of view that Charlton fans will go into full on ‘Smallwall’ mode again.

Last edited:
They've strayed into Nigel territory in recent times, the levels of the delusion from them is hilarious.

Such as...

759E44DD-F471-4CDD-BD03-128998303EE5.jpeg

What potential is this? Like all London clubs they have the potential to be a big club when in the PL... but Charlton have never shown sleeping giant potential outside the PL. They simply do not generate crowds on the same level as Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Sunderland, Birmingham City etc.

I think many Charlton fans under the age of 40 have miss-remembered how they got to the PL. It wasn’t the heroic return of a fallen giant like Leeds United, it was as ‘plucky Charlton’ defying the odds with good management etc.

The bloke would have to pump in millions of his own money to fulfil this potential. Unlike say Sunderland, whose 30-40,000 would also help generate that revenue to fulfil their genuine potential.

Bristol Rovers have huge ‘potential’ - if you build them a 35,000 capacity new stadium and drop them in the PL as a half decent side. As do Bristol City, Gillingham, Coventry City, Milton Keynes Dons, Plymouth Argyle, Millwall, Brentford, Leyton Orient...

He's one of us already

8:43AM

I've just noticed he appears to be wearing a Tuxedo-style blazer with a Charlton shirt underneath.

Start of a new trend? Out with the cardigans, in with the dinner jackets?
----------------------------------------------

Well not exactly

Dazzler21Dazzler21

That's an old Denmark shirt.

-------------------------------------------------

:rotfl::rotfl:

Such as...

View attachment 7657

What potential is this? Like all London clubs they have the potential to be a big club when in the PL... but Charlton have never shown sleeping giant potential outside the PL. They simply do not generate crowds on the same level as Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Sunderland, Birmingham City etc.

I think many Charlton fans under the age of 40 have miss-remembered how they got to the PL. It wasn’t the heroic return of a fallen giant like Leeds United, it was as ‘plucky Charlton’ defying the odds with good management etc.

The bloke would have to pump in millions of his own money to fulfil this potential. Unlike say Sunderland, whose 30-40,000 would also help generate that revenue to fulfil their genuine potential.

Bristol Rovers have huge ‘potential’ - if you build them a 35,000 capacity new stadium and drop them in the PL as a half decent side. As do Bristol City, Gillingham, Coventry City, Milton Keynes Dons, Plymouth Argyle, Millwall, Brentford, Leyton Orient...
Isn't buying a football club in this current climate absolutely daft? I mean, if he is genuine and not just after land, why would a supposed clever, astute businessman take a punt when all clubs income streams are at best, on very thin ice?

Isn't buying a football club in this current climate absolutely daft? I mean, if he is genuine and not just after land, why would a supposed clever, astute businessman take a punt when all clubs income streams are at best, on very thin ice?

Bonkers, yes.

He seems very eccentric... so perhaps they have lucked out. Otherwise, it makes zero sense. Especially if he agrees to buy ESI and take over its crazy obligations.

Bonkers, yes.

He seems very eccentric... so perhaps they have lucked out. Otherwise, it makes zero sense. Especially if he agrees to buy ESI and take over its crazy obligations.

I have a feeling the mob in charge since January have ran up debts and mortgage the place and assets to hell. Luckily they have had only had 8 Months of pillage.

Due diligence will probably scare off anyone sensible who is buying a business, but not a supporter who wants to save the club.

I notice that none of the main stream media are reporting on the uplifting relegation of the Colins. So addicted to doom and gloom, when an uplifting life affirming story of the Colins relegation breaks they don't give a fuck. Country is fucked.

They are currently busy on social media making out that they are equal in terms of football pedigree as Nottingham Forest!

Yes, that’s two time European Cup winners Nottingham Forest. One of England most historic and pioneering clubs. Who have also won the FA Cup twice and League Cup four times. That Nottingham Forest. The one that still averaged over 28,000 in Championship despite the leanest period in their history.