QPR - wed - will be on?

I don’t think you will hear anything about this until tomorrow at the earliest. The authorities will have been looking at all the logistics and working out whether it should go ahead or not. There are a couple of things in our favour. QP ha ha haven’t got far to travel so it won’t matter too much to them whether it is on or off. No hotel to worry about. We don’t do programmes right now. Some of us are old enough to recall that when a game was postponed and then rescheduled you got the original programme with a little slip inside it with an up-to-date team on it.
They will have to give some thought to the pies as they don’t want to be saddled with a few hundred Kennedy steak and kidney pies that nobody buys. Maybe Fat Dan could take them all off the club’s hands and polish them off for his dinner on Thursday!
Quite seriously though I wouldn’t be at all surprised if both our scheduled games are off and there is no football until after the funeral. Selfishly, that would suit me fine as I am back from Spain on the 27th and could see both rescheduled games on my return.

William, Prince of Wales, President of F.A. Won't won't want to upset his Dad in sincere Mourning.
We coped with Covid disruption.
Let's restart after Funeral.
I agree. Keep it simple. Get the funeral out the way then crack on. Only problem is we’ve got 3 or 4 weeks off for the WC this year so it could make catching up games all the harder

I don’t think you will hear anything about this until tomorrow at the earliest. The authorities will have been looking at all the logistics and working out whether it should go ahead or not. There are a couple of things in our favour. QP ha ha haven’t got far to travel so it won’t matter too much to them whether it is on or off. No hotel to worry about. We don’t do programmes right now. Some of us are old enough to recall that when a game was postponed and then rescheduled you got the original programme with a little slip inside it with an up-to-date team on it.
They will have to give some thought to the pies as they don’t want to be saddled with a few hundred Kennedy steak and kidney pies that nobody buys. Maybe Fat Dan could take them all off the club’s hands and polish them off for his dinner on Thursday!
Quite seriously though I wouldn’t be at all surprised if both our scheduled games are off and there is no football until after the funeral. Selfishly, that would suit me fine as I am back from Spain on the 27th and could see both rescheduled games on my return.
Think it's down to police numbers in London at the moment

The Old Bill have probably got their work cut out watching for idiots daubing paint on statues or chucking them in rivers, twats glueing themselves to roads and smashing up petrol stations not to mention potential terrorist activity whilst they concentrate on doing the Macarena so its probably their call if they have manpower (sorry “living being” power) or not to police games.

There's a small chance the midweek game may go ahead, very little or none for the weekend fixtures.

I say play unless old bill genuinely not able to cope. Rugby did and the pre match tributes were a lot more meaningful (and in line with palace “ policy” to carry on respectfully” than binning games without real need

I say play unless old bill genuinely not able to cope. Rugby did and the pre match tributes were a lot more meaningful (and in line with palace “ policy” to carry on respectfully” than binning games without real need
Opposing ruby fans sit next to each other wilst football fans like to kick the shit out of the opposition crowd.

The two are Incomparable In terms of policing policies.