Preston v Millwall match thread

Emakhu, well played! Great performance.
Very encouraging but still much to learn.

If he had tracked back properly they wouldn’t have scored and laid the ball off to Tom it might have been a comfortable victory.

Overall, he frightened the proverbial out of them and it’s a shame he had to go off. Very promising performance 👏👏

Funny how we see things differently. I don't think he's all that. Can't defend and not much end product going forward. Runs into dead ends all the time.
Several defensive limitations and takes too many risks in his own half but, that aside, I thought today was the best I’ve seen him play and he looked especially threatening going forward 👏👍

Very encouraging but still much to learn.

If he had tracked back properly they wouldn’t have scored and laid the ball off to Tom it might have been a comfortable victory.

Overall, he frightened the proverbial out of them and it’s a shame he had to go off. Very promising performance 👏👏
Yeh. He has a lot to learn but very encouraging going forward and a handful for opposition teams to defend. Coincidentally it was his tracking back that led to him being subbed after picking up what is hopefully just a small knock.

Really pleased with Aidomo’s performance and just wish he’d played in Bradders instead of his weak shot to the keeper. ☹️
Yes, that was a bit greedy. I put it down to the lack of mins he (and Esse) have been given so far this season. He’s only young and perhaps when he does get a run out he feels he has to score or do something special just to get another chance. A decent run in the team is what’s needed and we could see a very good strike partnership develop.

Several defensive limitations and takes too many risks in his own half but, that aside, I thought today was the best I’ve seen him play and he looked especially threatening going forward 👏👍
Good thing about him is his positivity with the ball. He’s awkward and unorthodox which confuses the opposition, some great crosses with both feet. Believe he’s 19.

Yes, that was a bit greedy. I put it down to the lack of mins he (and Esse) have been given so far this season. He’s only young and perhaps when he does get a run out he feels he has to score or do something special just to get another chance. A decent run in the team is what’s needed and we could see a very good strike partnership develop.
After how he turned and left the 2 defenders he was entitled to try and finish it off. Bit of quality

we had them on the ropes for about 60% of that game, and it's a shame we didn't get the full win. thought they were dross, tbh, how they are third i don't know. only two teams who were far and above us this year so far is leeds and norwich.

we really have nothing to fear and should be approaching each game to win.

I think that move started with a clever pass from Coops to De Norre. Great finish by Zian.
Agreed.

Think Preston - and most of us watching - expected Coops to launch it forward and had started to drop deep. Allowed space for Casper and it was a lovely ball from Jake to find him and launch Zian.

I agree about the dead ends and his delivery can be poor but I like the way he always tries to go forward and that gets us up the pitch.
100%. He might not be Our version of Kyle Walker, but he’s always getting at defenders and offers a step inside in many occasions, making him and us hard to defend against. He’s a very good addition imo, but agree he’s got a way to go to be brilliant.

100%. He might not be Our version of Kyle Walker, but he’s always getting at defenders and offers a step inside in many occasions, making him and us hard to defend against. He’s a very good addition imo, but agree he’s got a way to go to be brilliant.
He is 19, I think he will be Premiership quality by 21, whether he makes it at Arsenal is another thing though.

He is 19, I think he will be Premiership quality by 21, whether he makes it at Arsenal is another thing though.
Has potential but I don’t see him making it in the Premiership :shake:

Mentally he reminds me of Burey, albeit he’s not as bad as Tyler!

Defensively gets caught wrong side of an opponent too often and it’s only a matter of time before he gets dispossessed trying to beat an opponent in our half and it costs us 👎

However, Preston was the best I’ve witnessed from him and certainly deserving of starting in front of Danny 👍