Preston away 73/74

superlion

Met a couple of pne fans while up in Blackpool.
Actually said nice things about us,I remembered this well as this was my 1st game watching us 48 years ago and still remember it like it was yesterday .Anyone else remember their 1st game

If I didn’t have the same thing every day, I couldn’t even tell you what I had for breakfast.
I remember mine. It was a night game against Newport County around 1982. I walked up the steps to the CBL to see the dimly lit floodlights and the pitch that looked bright green. In the game, Millwall just couldn't score and a fella jumped out the main stand and dribbled the ball around all the defenders leaving himself a one on one with the keeper..but unfortunately he blasted it wide.

Dean Neal came on as a late sub and scored an overhead kick to win the game. After that I was hooked.

19 March 1966 Millwall 3-2 BHA
7 years old, went on my own only lived 200 yards away. Changed my life 😭
I remember that game Mike.
A Brighton defender had to have his head bandaged after a clash as it was pouring with blood. Think his name was Norman Gall. Funny I can remember that but not what I done yesterday.

Think it was 73 me. V Bristol city , just remember Gordon bolland scoring from what I thought was the dugout. Think it was 3-0

1960. Night game in October ,we wore blue /white stripes & won think it was brighton....fantastic and like so many hooked for life

I can't remember my first game because the occasion passed me by a little, I think swinging on the barriers was my main enjoyment of the day, but suddenly I was bitten.

Anyone remember late the 50s annual fixture of Millwall V the Isthmain league select 11, I can remember me and my mate standing outside in pitch darkness awaiting the gates to open to get a good position behind the Cold Blow goal and from memory there used to be only a few score of die hard's there but any fixture would have us buzzing, remember the preseason fixture of Millwall Probables V the Possibles that used to bring a large crowd,

Hate to tell you this, Phil, but the only team to play at The Den in blue and white stripes in October 1960 were Hartlepools Utd.

You've been supporting the wrong team for the last 61 years.
I bow to your superior knowledge ....sure it was stripes must have mixed the teams up ..... I was only 6 and a bit awed at the whole show

My first game was against Luton 1973, crap game, pissed down with rain all day and we lost 1-0 but I was hooked and have been going ever since.

My first game was vs Forest in the old first division (1988). I went with my Dad and Grandad, and we met my Uncle who lived just off the OKR. I can't remember the goals but I'll never forget the roar when we equalised to make it 2-2!

My first game was vs Forest in the old first division (1988). I went with my Dad and Grandad, and we met my Uncle who lived just off the OKR. I can't remember the goals but I'll never forget the roar when we equalised to make it 2-2!
Neil Ruddock free kick to equalize, I think. But, you know my memory.