Pre season friendlies

We usually start with a lower league club, and work our way to a premiership club, not looking that way with Ipswich being a week before the season starts.

Also looking to sort out a friendly with a foreign club at home….. Shamrock Rovers it is then !

I see that GR is playing his cards close to his chest on the foreign opposition. He said they were hoping arrange such a friendly so the fans could see all the new players. Er……Gary……we don’t have any at the moment so when are they signing?

I'm in negotiations with Wee Georgie, who's the Kit Man at Inverurie Loco Works.

The trouble is they are holding out for a late arranged fixture with Rangers.

:downer:

Last edited:
I see that GR is playing his cards close to his chest on the foreign opposition. He said they were hoping arrange such a friendly so the fans could see all the new players. Er……Gary……we don’t have any at the moment so when are they signing?

Reading a few quotes from Rowett lately and he seems to hint that he isn’t quite pulling all the strings. With regards to the possible friendly with a foreign outfit he’s kind of insinuates that he would like a game against foreign opposition but says “that is the aim but whether it happens or not we’ll see. Whenever it’s organised I’m sure the club will announce it.”

It follows on from interviews I’ve read with Rowett recently where he clearly states that any potential new signings are the responsibility of Alex Aldridge and Kavanagh rather than himself. I might be reading too much into it but a few of Rowetts trusted lieutenants seem to left the club and with Aldridge’s job title now ‘Head of recruitment and football operations’ I’m starting to wonder whether they are all on the same page.

I think what you meant WW82 is ‘potential European Giants’. You just never know that perhaps their new man, Ben Garner, will take them out of L1 and straight into L2. Well….you can hope!

I took that to mean he has some planned and waiting in the wings. 👍😉

Reading a few quotes from Rowett lately and he seems to hint that he isn’t quite pulling all the strings. With regards to the possible friendly with a foreign outfit he’s kind of insinuates that he would like a game against foreign opposition but says “that is the aim but whether it happens or not we’ll see. Whenever it’s organised I’m sure the club will announce it.”

It follows on from interviews I’ve read with Rowett recently where he clearly states that any potential new signings are the responsibility of Alex Aldridge and Kavanagh rather than himself. I might be reading too much into it but a few of Rowetts trusted lieutenants seem to left the club and with Aldridge’s job title now ‘Head of recruitment and football operations’ I’m starting to wonder whether they are all on the same page.
The same book would be a bonus.

It follows on from interviews I’ve read with Rowett recently where he clearly states that any potential new signings are the responsibility of Alex Aldridge and Kavanagh rather than himself.
I don't understand this concept of Director of Football/ Head of Recruitment. Surely it is part of the Manager's role to recruit the players he wants rather than simply accept those foisted upon him?

I lose some respect for managers who accept this arrangement without question, so I hope that Rowett is making his views on potential recruits known.

Can you imagine Alex Ferguson's reaction if he was told that these are the conditions he would have to work under!

Also looking to sort out a friendly with a foreign club at home….. Shamrock Rovers it is then !
Nah get Limerick in , my family ( all Man Utd fans that do go to games oftenish ) would come over for that , all 3 young kids wear Millwall tops bibs ect that I bring them ,the two boy's they are well informed at aged 9 and 10 yo of my team Millwall, they keep more than an eye out for us :grinning: and hoped we made play -off's when I last see them we aredef thier second team at the moment ;) :grinning: ) along with half of Limerick's nutter's too I'd expect ,(the City is ruff ) but also a really nice and people , it would be livley ,have enjoyed a few games there with good atmosphere's non holligan stuff just cheering your City with all you have got ," Soccer falls way down the list of intests in sport in Ireland , the club has just come out of Admin after fund's mis-use I think ?, the stand holds 1500 or more ,a scaffold away stand behind goal hold's 500 maybe , and the open grass along side of pitch were you can stand against the wall on the slight hill or sit on the grass or wander behind the goal to get a burger ,I say Limerick they have been re-named Treaty Utd ,it felt great to me it felt like it was me and my neigbourhood , it brought so many fellings back .
Don't forget Big Sam Alaidice and his connections to the City and our football Club .
Pleaseeeeeeeeee SANTA :wahey: :grinning:

I don't understand this concept of Director of Football/ Head of Recruitment. Surely it is part of the Manager's role to recruit the players he wants rather than simply accept those foisted upon him?

I lose some respect for managers who accept this arrangement without question, so I hope that Rowett is making his views on potential recruits known.

Can you imagine Alex Ferguson's reaction if he was told that these are the conditions he would have to work under!

I don’t quite understand it either mate and have my doubts about the whole set up to be honest. It seems to be how a lot of clubs are set up nowadays following as usual on how foreign clubs are run which is all well and good but this Millwall we’re talking about here.

I suppose we’ll have to wait and see when we do start making signings but I hope when the inevitable criticism starts about them that people remember that’s it’s solely not down to Rowett.