Playmaker

45skiprats

With the loss of Jed we have lost a player who was our main playmaker! With Flemming we have a player who has played in the same roll! To get the best out of him we need to put him in a role that was the reason we signed him I would suggest if we want be more attacking we play a five in midfield We have some good engines in these positions which can free up Flemming to play his natural game which is allso a Playmaker !

With the loss of Jed we have lost a player who was our main playmaker! With Flemming we have a player who has played in the same roll! To get the best out of him we need to put him in a role that was the reason we signed him I would suggest if we want be more attacking we play a five in midfield We have some good engines in these positions which can free up Flemming to play his natural game which is allso a Playmaker !
I think it’s the extra centre back that restricts us. Stick another midfielder in and have a 442 diamond. Once ahead and if he wants to close it out then go 451.

We spend big on a midfielder then play him out of position it seems and peop!e see him struggle...not rocket science

I think it’s the extra centre back that restricts us. Stick another midfielder in and have a 442 diamond. Once ahead and if he wants to close it out then go 451.
Agree with that, 5 at the back, particularly for us is too restricting.

Currently our outfield players seem all to have a free roll. I cant see any pattern to the play. They need to sort themselves out smartish. I dont want a string of draws and losses at the start of the season like we have done in the recent past.

There is no way Rowett is going to change from three centre-backs and two wing-backs. That is set in stone. If we are chasing a game then maybe but we will start like that for sure. Bart, Hutch, Cooper, Murray, Dan, Malone, Honeyman, Flemming and Afobe are almost certain starters for Stoke. That leaves two places. Either two midfielders or a midfielder and a striker.

There is no way Rowett is going to change from three centre-backs and two wing-backs. That is set in stone. If we are chasing a game then maybe but we will start like that for sure. Bart, Hutch, Cooper, Murray, Dan, Malone, Honeyman, Flemming and Afobe are almost certain starters for Stoke. That leaves two places. Either two midfielders or a midfielder and a striker.
Shackleton and Bennett I reckon robbo

Shackleton can be the man to build the team around, from what I saw yesterday he has the potential to be an really integral part of the side. He’s fast, skilful, snappy in the tackle and spots openings and opportunities quicker than any midfield Millwall player I’ve seen in a long time. His class shines through and along with Honeyman we have got two excellent championship players.

You can forget Jed running around like a blue arsed fly trying to do everyone else’s jobs, if we can get the best out of Shackleton we’ll have a hell of a player on our hands.

In Shackleton, Honeyman, McNamara, Malone, Bennett and Mitchell we have energetic, fit runners and tidy in possession. However, how many players have we got that can unlock a door? A killer pass, a bit of skill, a shot from distance, a turn of pace. A bit of selfishness at times. That's what we are probably lacking. In a team full of committed energetic runners you can afford one 'luxury' player if you like.