Pie mash outside the ground

Wippa

Planned to go to Arments before the match but ran out of time so just grabbed some P&M from the stall outside the ground.
If anyone’s thinking of trying it I wouldn’t bother. Really bland, lid of the pie was rock hard. Filling was ok, but that was about it.

would give it a 5 out of 10 at best.

Was going to try the pie & mash yesterday but saw so many people trying to eat it one handed standing up because no where to sit I didn’t bother. So when to the cafe and got some chips never had to queue like that before 😂

Planned to go to Arments before the match but ran out of time so just grabbed some P&M from the stall outside the ground.
If anyone’s thinking of trying it I wouldn’t bother. Really bland, lid of the pie was rock hard. Filling was ok, but that was about it.

I was after a cup of tea at half time and tried the P&M wagon as all the kiosks had massive queues as usual. Apparently they don't do tea. Which I thought was a bit odd. I'm sure if they can serve pie and mash it wouldn't be that difficult to have a pot of tea on the go too.

I got a whatever it is of chips in the west lower. First time i've bought food in the ground, they're weren't bad considering the horror stories i've heard about food inside the ground. Needed some ketchup cause they was a bit dry but iv'e had a lot worse out of chippies.

Yesterday I walked from Canada Water Station, so stopped at 'Mel's Cafe' for some grub. The food is okay in there and it always seems to be busy on match days. When the weather is decent you can sit outside around the back.
It's better than queuing and standing up eating just for the pleasure of chancing it at the ground.
:grinning:

Yesterday I walked from Canada Water Station, so stopped at 'Mel's Cafe' for some grub. The food is okay in there and it always seems to be busy on match days. When the weather is decent you can sit outside around the back.
It's better than queuing and standing up eating just for the pleasure of chancing it at the ground.
:grinning:
Is that the cafe near south Bermondsey station?

Good burgers and German sausages and drinks outside the ground now but £7 a pop , good chip shop elite fish and chips almost opposite the blue anchor just out of sight but good value and good food , not tried the P@M but why people keep pumping money into the shit inside the ground is mind boggling they are wanted out but won't budge , hence why all the stuff outside has been set up .

As much as i love the people in mels the food is standard cafe food at best , Mikos gyros is hands down the best place along there but not a breakfast place , and i work within peeing distance from there , the chicken shop that used to be the millhouse fish and chip shop needs to be closed down , and i hate just hate Greggs

Pop in cafe up southwark park road. is decent too. Just across from the blue anchor and Wimpey. Clean, does breakfasts and some decent dinners. The cottage pie is pukka. Owned by Barry, he's a lovely geezer that's been there for years.

How much did it set you back mate?

I came out of the ground after the match yesterday and noticed the pie n’ mash stall was still open.

Against my better judgement I took the plunge and asked for single pie and mash. I should’ve realized how bad it was going to be when the girl asked me if I wanted liquor with it.

The liquor was just short of congealed, the pie crust was hard as iron and barely edible, and it cost me £8.

Apart from the food, the crap football and the shit result, I was just happy to have been there along with the nineteen thousand other supporters to show my appreciation of what John did for us, and what his family continue to do for our club.

It was a very good turnout yesterday. The CBL looked absolutely full which is not often the case. West stand was very busy too.

I was in block 36 yesterday and it's the first time time I've sat in the CBL for twenty three years. I used to go in the CBL all the time with my younger brother until he passed away in 2000. I couldn't face it after that. It was strange being in there yesterday. I must say, considering the limp wristed performance at times, there was hardly any cunting off of GR and the players.

On another note, sitting low down and with the team facing us second half,
I couldn't help but notice Flemming's body language. He looked propper pissed off at times, and dare I say it, right off the pace. Unless it was just my imagination and I was reading it all wrong. He didn't play well at all...I suppose most didn't.