Phil Walker

My memory, which may not be reliable, says that it was Trevor Lee that scored in a 1-0 win ove Mansfield Town. But that could be complete bollox.
Phil, a joint capture from Epson & Ewell along with team-mate Trevor Lee, was thrust straight into the first-team and made his debut at The Den against Mansfield Town.

The pair of Walker and Lee became instant heroes when Trevor's knock-down allowed Phil to thump home the game's only goal, and at the Cold Blow Lane end.

Phil, a joint capture from Epson & Ewell along with team-mate Trevor Lee, was thrust straight into the first-team and made his debut at The Den against Mansfield Town.

The pair of Walker and Lee became instant heroes when Trevor's knock-down allowed Phil to thump home the game's only goal, and at the Cold Blow Lane end.
Thank you EKU. Koj was correct.
Don’t know how I remembered our opponents that day.

It's because of the stereotyping of Millwall factor. The truth doesn't fit with the desired narrative of wanting to call us out as racists etc. I think Phil and Trevor Lee made us possibly the first League club to play 2 coloured players. Hence the Media swerve it. To both their credit, I don't recall any mention of Racism of any kind from them

r.i.p. to a great lion. if i recall right,he scored a stunning overhead volley v brighton at the old den in the 70s. i think brian moore had him on the sunday big match,talking about it. phil was sitting there with the 70s look shirt on with the collars overlapping the jacket/

r.i.p. phil
Think that was Trevor Lee who scored the overhead against Brighton. Following home game was on The Big Match, Walker scored and was interviewed by Brian Moore.

It's because of the stereotyping of Millwall factor. The truth doesn't fit with the desired narrative of wanting to call us out as racists etc. I think Phil and Trevor Lee made us possibly the first League club to play 2 coloured players. Hence the Media swerve it. To both their credit, I don't recall any mention of Racism of any kind from them
Believe it or not, I remember Trevor Brooking writing a column in the Evening News at that time and he applauded Gordon Jago for signing Phil and Trevor saying that it was a gamble worth taking being that they were among the first black players to play here. Two great recruits for The Lions. Well done to them.

Well said mate.