Pele dead

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The uploaded file is too large.

Get this all the time on this site ?, NEVER on the other site, anyone know why
Had a good pic of Pele playing in London
But site wont take it
Rip Pele

Undoubtedly the very best footballer of all time and a very decent fella, apparently, the cheat is next best but had it so easy in comparison and a complete cunt, fact.

I remember watching the 1970 world cup and that iconic moment at the end of the England v Brazil game when Pele and Bobby Moore congratulated each other.
That was a great moment in sport in my opinion.
God Bless Pele. May he Rest In Peace.

GOAT by an absolute mile:bow::bow:

Maradona and Ronaldo pigmies in comparison!

As others have said humble and a real gentleman.

RIP

RIP
Sad news.

But...sorry lads, just don't agree. Only ever see his highlights, unless you did have the pleasure of witnessing him live.
I did see him in Escape to Victory and I thought he was shit.
Half his goal tally was from unofficial/friendly matches.
Don't hear many people/players of that time MoM'ing him as much as we do now.

....I'm outta here!

RIP
Sad news.

But...sorry lads, just don't agree. Only ever see his highlights, unless you did have the pleasure of witnessing him live.
I did see him in Escape to Victory and I thought he was shit.
Half his goal tally was from unofficial/friendly matches.
Don't hear many people/players of that time MoM'ing him as much as we do now.

....I'm outta here!
The leather footballs of that era would have taken your head off when wet yet he would head the ball with the power of a shot on goal (you tube the Banks save) there was NO protection from referees and he literally got kicked out of the games in the 1966 world cup with tackles that would be classed as GBH today,
Yellow and Red cards were not introduced until the 1970 World cup.

Could kick with both feet and move his body like a ballerina, scored 77 goals in 92 appearances for Brazil (International level) won 3 world cup winners medals and scored over 1200 goals as a pro all with a heavy ball, leg breaking tackles and no protection from officials as standard yet was always a Gentleman and humble, did more charity work than the current lot put together.

No one compares, especially todays players who play with a balloon that can be easily manipulated, are protected more than gold bullion and cheat to gain advantage.

The man who changed football will never be forgotten - Legend.

The leather footballs of that era would have taken your head off when wet yet he would head the ball with the power of a shot on goal (you tube the Banks save) there was NO protection from referees and he literally got kicked out of the games in the 1966 world cup with tackles that would be classed as GBH today,
Yellow and Red cards were not introduced until the 1970 World cup.

Could kick with both feet and move his body like a ballerina, scored 77 goals in 92 appearances for Brazil (International level) won 3 world cup winners medals and scored over 1200 goals as a pro all with a heavy ball, leg breaking tackles and no protection from officials as standard yet was always a Gentleman and humble, did more charity work than the current lot put together.

No one compares, especially todays players who play with a balloon that can be easily manipulated, are protected more than gold bullion and cheat to gain advantage.

The man who changed football will never be forgotten - Legend.
Scoring record is a rumour.
3 medals. Only really played in 2. Not in any records for appearances/goals/games won etc. Outperformed in every world cup.

Think it's all a bit of a romantic wankfest.

Scoring record is a rumour.
3 medals. Only really played in 2. Not in any records for appearances/goals/games won etc. Outperformed in every world cup.

Think it's all a bit of a romantic wankfest.
No rumour all recorded, won 3 world cup medals, outperformed in 1970 ?????? seriously.

1970 - Not in top 3 top scorers. So yes, outperformed.
Overall goals - Friendlies. Some military games. Goals in real games doesn't match Messi (no, not saying he's best).

Great player, not so great off the pitch. Never acknowledged his illegitimate daughter until after she'd died of breast cancer.

I posted this about four or five years ago on here. It’s Pele training at Troon Juniors in Ayrshire before a friendly at Hampden in 1966 prior to the WC.

All the teams in 1966 were much more accessible to the fans than today’s prima donnas. I heard it told that the West German team trained in my local park in Bromley. I didn’t move there until 67 so I can’t confirm that. But I can’t think my school mates would have lied about it.

Staff online

Members online