Paul merson

Didn't Gazza get similar when Spurs done us for five?
Yes, they ran rings round us. I was in the CBL and Gazza walked off with Waddle I think. The Lions were booed off and a nervous looking Gazza and Waddle headed towards us, looked at each other and could not believe their luck, instead of being coined they were applauded off and they clapped us back.

This reminded me of us losing to Doncaster about 10 years ago. Don’t think I have ever seen a team play so well at the den, ever.anyone remember that?
Yeah mate. It was the year they won the league and some geezer scored a hat trick. His third was shit hot, volleyed across the goal from out side the area, maybe 25 yards or more If I remember correctly. I was sitting behind the dougout when that goal went In and It was the first time I'd seen Millwall fans applaud another player or his goal.

The standing option was solely for Merson. Superb performance.

Another opposition player who git the Man of the Match award at The Den was the Rotherham forward who scored I think 4 goals and also got a standing ovation was centre forward for "Rovrum" first game of.the season after promotion and.Theo. did'nt pay our lot the bonus they had been promised. They literally went on strike. We.signed him a season later I think.

Yeah mate. It was the year they won the league and some geezer scored a hat trick. His third was shit hot, volleyed across the goal from out side the area, maybe 25 yards or more If I remember correctly. I was sitting behind the dougout when that goal went In and It was the first time I'd seen Millwall fans applaud another player or his goal.
will probably get glassed for saying this, but i thought leeds performance this year at the den was like a 9/10. sometimes you just got to say it.

If you get a chance have a look on I player the documentary he made about his gambling addiction. Very candid and sad really I thought , he does mention us in the programme. I don’t remember it personally despite being at the game but basically he said he’d had it off to the tune of about 30K on the Friday before our 5-0 drubbing at The Den . He hadn’t had time to get to the bank and had to bring his dough to the game . Apparently said to Redneck “ I don’t trust these fuckers down here and I’m not keeping the loot in the lockers here “ so allegedly he gave the dough to Redneck to look after who subsequently stuffed all the notes in his tracksuit bottoms on the touch line . After Merson netted the 5th from the penalty spot Redneck was allegedly running up and down the line in jubilation with copious amounts of bank notes spilling out according to Merson . Merson then shouted over “ Boss , boss look and pointing at the ground where Redneck was apparently spilling the notes . I was in the North Stand that day upper and can’t remember seeing this . Hoping some of you less memory impaired lot on here can confirm or deny this . Either way the documentary is well worth a look .

Another opposition player who git the Man of the Match award at The Den was the Rotherham forward who scored I think 4 goals and also got a standing ovation was centre forward for "Rovrum" first game of.the season after promotion and.Theo. did'nt pay our lot the bonus they had been promised. They literally went on strike. We.signed him a season later I think.
Darren Byfield

If you get a chance have a look on I player the documentary he made about his gambling addiction. Very candid and sad really I thought , he does mention us in the programme. I don’t remember it personally despite being at the game but basically he said he’d had it off to the tune of about 30K on the Friday before our 5-0 drubbing at The Den . He hadn’t had time to get to the bank and had to bring his dough to the game . Apparently said to Redneck “ I don’t trust these fuckers down here and I’m not keeping the loot in the lockers here “ so allegedly he gave the dough to Redneck to look after who subsequently stuffed all the notes in his tracksuit bottoms on the touch line . After Merson netted the 5th from the penalty spot Redneck was allegedly running up and down the line in jubilation with copious amounts of bank notes spilling out according to Merson . Merson then shouted over “ Boss , boss look and pointing at the ground where Redneck was apparently spilling the notes . I was in the North Stand that day upper and can’t remember seeing this . Hoping some of you less memory impaired lot on here can confirm or deny this . Either way the documentary is well worth a look .
I was at the game and I sit behind the away team dugout. Can guarantee that I would remember reddies spilling out of tracksuit bottoms just in front of me. The standing ovation is definitely true.

That was the game were I landed at Gatwick about 12 o’clock rushed home to Dagenham to get my season ticket got to the game about 315 and was so pissed off with the way they played that I left with about 20 minutes to go something I never normally do was running about like a maniac getting slagged off by the ex wife trying to give her the hurry up so I could get to the game

That was the game were I landed at Gatwick about 12 o’clock rushed home to Dagenham to get my season ticket got to the game about 315 and was so pissed off with the way they played that I left with about 20 minutes to go something I never normally do was running about like a maniac getting slagged off by the ex wife trying to give her the hurry up so I could get to the game
Had to go home to get my season ticket and drop her off as well

Cambridge got applauded off after they drew 1-1 at the Den in the Cup. Their players looked very surprised. In the replay they beat us thanks to a comical own goal from Dave Thompson that Keith Branagan let in inexplicably. Some young looking Cambridge fans invaded the pitch at the end and some of them applauded our fans I suppose to return the gesture. Our fans told them in no uncertain terms to fuck off. A massive bloke standing near me leapt onto the fence, shouting "Come on 'Wall" inviting others to join him on the pitch. His hands were pissing blood where he was gripping the barbed wire at the top of the fence. His mate said to him "Leave off. They all look about 10."
Yeah I was there I remember poor Dave Thompsons own goal. It was a cracking goal if he'd been the opposition striker. Poor lad tried so hard for us too. Was difficult not to feel for the boy