Owls V Lions match thread

Peckham Lion

Staff member
Bottom of the league with one win to there name which came in there most recent home game against fellow strugglers Rotherham. A new dawn for us and i'm sure all our boys will be looking to impress our new leader. Our away form has been good so lets hope we can continue that. Old boy Lee Gregory now playing for the Owls. Our last two visits ended goaless draws.

Our last win there was way back in 2005. Hayles and Asaba netting in a 2-1 win. A relegation season that saw us planted down the bottom, 20th was the highest we reached all season and that was after a draw two games into the season home to Coventry. I think i'm right in saying that we notched up 14 red cards that season. Something we have never bettered. Dark days that saw Alan McLeary & Tony Burns (Caretaker Managers), David Tuttle, Colin Lee, Steve Claridge all sit in the managers seat. Mad ain't it! The season prior to that we finished tenth and were playing in the uefa cup!!!!

So the start of a new chapter for our wondeful little club. Things won't change overnight but i believe we have the right man to take us forward and in time start to enjoy watching the lions play again. A little patience is what's needed at the moment. Keep the faith and get behind the boys.

Safe journey to all those Lions making the journey. Loud and proud as usual!!!!!!

COYL

New boss talks the talk , and I have a feeling in my water he will walk the walk.
Not an overnight sensation but a gradual improvement in performance and style of play. Starting Saturday with a decent performance and I think a win.
And no not expecting to become the Bermondsey version of Barcelona or Madrid.
COYL.

I feel a win coming on. If the players were stifled then they should feel some freedom. Plus we have an excellent team and bench.
It will be good support and I’m sure the new manager will be pleasantly surprised at the numbers.

Onwards and upwards

Last weekend Barry Bannan was sent off :wahey:

This Wednesday, red card rescinded :censor:

Lee Gregory has been predominantly on the bench recently and I can’t see him getting much change out of Wes.

Joe has got to get the balance right between the GR/AB system, that has had good returns away from home this season, and introducing the change we all want but leaving us vulnerable 🤔

I’ve really no idea how this one will pan out 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Cheers Peckham. Over 1500 lions making the journey apparently and I’ll be one of them. It is maybe too early to talk about ‘must wins’ and ‘six pointers’ but victory at Hillsborough will certainly go a long way to easing any fears some fans might have about slipping into the wrong end of the table. You often hear about the so called new manager bounce and hopefully our new appointment will have the desired effect.

Just hope our lot remember Joe can only pick 11 and we've all got our ideas who should start etc. Well he's the head coach (fucking weird not saying manager) and we need to trust him.
If we can keep off his back this season I have the feeling this could be a great appointment for us. COYL

Bottom of the league with one win to there name which came in there most recent home game against fellow strugglers Rotherham. A new dawn for us and i'm sure all our boys will be looking to impress our new leader. Our away form has been good so lets hope we can continue that. Old boy Lee Gregory now playing for the Owls. Our last two visits ended goaless draws.

Our last win there was way back in 2005. Hayles and Asaba netting in a 2-1 win. A relegation season that saw us planted down the bottom, 20th was the highest we reached all season and that was after a draw two games into the season home to Coventry. I think i'm right in saying that we notched up 14 red cards that season. Something we have never bettered. Dark days that saw Alan McLeary & Tony Burns (Caretaker Managers), David Tuttle, Colin Lee, Steve Claridge all sit in the managers seat. Mad ain't it! The season prior to that we finished tenth and were playing in the uefa cup!!!!

So the start of a new chapter for our wondeful little club. Things won't change overnight but i believe we have the right man to take us forward and in time start to enjoy watching the lions play again. A little patience is what's needed at the moment. Keep the faith and get behind the boys.

Safe journey to all those Lions making the journey. Loud and proud as usual!!!!!!

COYL
Well said as always Peckham mate. I’m guessing you’re fully recovered now, or I hope so?

Cheers Peckham. Over 1500 lions making the journey apparently and I’ll be one of them. It is maybe too early to talk about ‘must wins’ and ‘six pointers’ but victory at Hillsborough will certainly go a long way to easing any fears some fans might have about slipping into the wrong end of the table. You often hear about the so called new manager bounce and hopefully our new appointment will have the desired effect.

Cheers mate. Hope you have a good day mate- and behave yourself :hehe: A win would be very handy indeed and a nice way to go into the internatioal break. It has come at a good time for us this time around. Some quality time for the boss and players to work on things.

Cheers mate. Hope you have a good day mate- and behave yourself :hehe: A win would be very handy indeed and a nice way to go into the internatioal break. It has come at a good time for us this time around. Some quality time for the boss and players to work on things.
Except for the ones on international call. I'm not sure if the International youth teams (all ages) are playing too.
So Bradshaw, Nisbit and Saville will definitely be missing.

Except for the ones on international call. I'm not sure if the International youth teams (all ages) are playing too.
So Bradshaw, Nisbit and Saville will definitely be missing.
Ideal chance for Emaku to play in his best position, up front and central. Not R/W, or RWB. Play two up front and leave them up, no more 11 man defence. Oh, and keep the ball on the green stuff please.
COYL.

A new chapter begins, and a fresh start to the season.
There's definitely an air of positivity about the new appointment, and whilst we can't expect any miracles, and certainly not overnight,we'll hopefully see a glimpse on the pitch of what the new boss sees as our future.
As long as our boys give their all, and both they, and our supporters enjoy the game, a win would be a bonus.
Safe journey to all of you lovely and lucky people making the trip.
LOUD and PROUD.
COYL.

Ideal chance for Emaku to play in his best position, up front and central. Not R/W, or RWB. Play two up front and leave them up, no more 11 man defence. Oh, and keep the ball on the green stuff please.
COYL.
I suspect that we'll see that soon enough with the new boss. But it will be very interesting to see how quickly he changes things. I would have thought that it will be steady as she goes for a bit until he gets to know the players. Not sure that he's know the players well enough yet to change their positions so soon. Then again, maybe he's done some research. Either way, it will even more interesting than usual to see how we line up.

A month ago I would have predicted a certain win for us, however, since they installed a new manager their performances - if not yet their results - have improved greatly (according to their fans' website). Hopefully, we can sneak a win.