Out of the play off positions

Roll on Friday we go again, let’s hope Watford can upset Sunderland as well. Never going to be cut and dried with Millwall.

Pressure is off now although i don't think Sunderland will fuck it up. Been a good season all the same. No one expected us to be top six at one point this late in the season. For me it's a case of what could have been had we more luck and recruited more firepower in the January window. We had two forwards lined up and were willing to come but bad luck and circumstances saw to that.

I put our recent run down to losing Cresswell. Injured in the 90 th minute.
Such bad luck. The whole balance of team performing well in most departments was completely upset.
I remember particularly against Preston that Hutch looked really unsure at times.
At the other end of the pitch, Cresswell was such a presence in the box when we were attacking.
Plus nobody can argue his sheer athleticism is something to behold.
One player does not make a team, but we only Had to lose 5% of our overall strength and wins become draws and draws become defeats.

don’t mind Rowett but wigans manager seemed more interested and up for it instead of sitting on his arse all game

It really doesn’t matter where we are after 44 games. It’s where we are after 46 that counts. If we make the playoffs or not, we should prepare for championship football next season. No bad thing in my eyes although a year in the league above might be fun while it lasts

Pressure is off now although i don't think Sunderland will fuck it up. Been a good season all the same. No one expected us to be top six at one point this late in the season. For me it's a case of what could have been had we more luck and recruited more firepower in the January window. We had two forwards lined up and were willing to come but bad luck and circumstances saw to that.
I’m not so sure about that!

Like others have said, the players couldn’t gee themselves up for the Wigan game, and one day later they’re aware they are out of the play off places with Blackpool to come on Friday - again, we know it’s never been a happy hunting ground for us - and the players know this as well. That will not ease their worries one bit!

Will they fold again as the pressure mounts when the game is 0 - 0 at 60 minutes, or are we going to see the Lions roar on and maybe nick a 1 - 0 win? Hopefully the latter, but don’t be surprised if it’s 0 - 0 at FT or, God forbid, the score line goes the other way!

Agreed that I would have taken where we are in the league at the start of the season so cannot complain overall. My main concern was the complete lack of any desire against Wigan, we just folded, fair play to Wigan they were up for it we weren't. We should be beating teams like this, bit of a worry for next season though.

When Afobe left and we didn’t get a replacement, despite our efforts, was probably the reason for our eventual decline. Bradshaw/Fleming stepped up, but since the Huddersfield game we have really struggled At times. Against teams below us, we have been poor.
Why did Afobe leave, just the money?

Members online