Online book of Condolence

Thanks Peckham. Done, will get to the ground hopefully today. Feel’s inadequate given all he has done for us but hope this genuine outpouring of love brings some comfort to JB, loved ones.

Just been down to the Ground, spoke to Neil Harris who was in absolute bits, said nobody in the dressing room ever had a bad word to say about him and how supportive he was, not anyone like him in football.
Some amazing tributes to him, we are a club like no other. Rip JB

He is such a lovely man, had a quick chat with him, he was so choked up over JB's death, just shows what a huge impact our great chairman had on those around him

Had a bit of a cry seeing that picture of Neil Harris so visibly upset, I cannot lie.

You are absolutely right about Bomber. There is something really beautiful about him coming down and paying his respects to Mr Berylson.

Had a bit of a cry seeing that picture of Neil Harris so visibly upset, I cannot lie.

You are absolutely right about Bomber. There is something really beautiful about him coming down and paying his respects to Mr Berylson.
Didn't twig it was him at first as was looking at all the tributes people had left, Steve Kavanagh came over and hugged him and his family, as he turned round and I saw who it was, like a nob I blurted out "oh hi Neil" 🤦‍♂️ but it was nice that he took the time to talk to me, nothing but respect for the man.

It's all been a bit overwhelming, the fella in front of me in the queue for the condolences book had travelled up from Southampton just to do so, JB was a very special character and it won't be the same without his walk around on matchdays when he was over.

Done. Just got in from work tonight and my membership card was in the letterbox. Opened it up to see a thank you message and photo of JB. It's hard to believe when it was posted he was probably still with us.

I think we loved him more than we realized.
This mate. I have always been half Indifferent towards J.B. Nothing personal to him but we ain't had the best track record In that regard and I was always suspicious due to his situation (for want of a better word) that he would want a return on his money and call It a day sometime that would leave us In the lurch. I am fully aware of what he did for us, and writing that Is a massive understatement, but unlike others who believed In him and who no doubt knew more than me, my sycinal and untrustworthy disposition never made me a fully paid up member.
But when my Brother rang me from holiday to tell me the news late last Tuesday I felt a sense of shock and was gutted. Feelings that I wouldn't have believed I would have felt. As others have said It's hard to put a finger on what It Is but It's a sense of loss and a sense of love and appreciation that Is maybe more than likely magnified because he Is a Yank, an outsider, who In theory we have no right to deserve each other, that makes It even more potent and meaniful a marriage because he went above and beyond In spite of all that. I can't speak for others but It seems to me In his demise that we are truly understanding and appreciative of what he did for us and how much we meant to him.

I went to the ground yesterday afternoon and nearly a week after his passing there was still a queue to sign the book of condolence. That speakes volumes about the level of the man and maybe says more about me that I didn't have more faith. For their part the way the club have conducted themselves during this time I can't be more proud. Magnificent dose not cut It.

You made a point on another thread about why you can't put your finger on why you felt such a sense of loss and It got me thinking. I can't speak for you or anyone else but It seems to me that he epitomised everything we would believe we would do giving the chance to have the honor that he had. I'm sure most of us have grown up and have continued Into adulthood wishing we could own the club and stand firm for the fans and the ethos against the world. But John did It, and truthfully, he did It better and more successfully than most of us born and bread could ever get near or ever hope to do so. Maybe that's the reason, one at least, why this feels so shit.

Last edited:
"I can't speak for you or anyone else but It seems to me that he epitomised everything we would believe we would do giving the chance to have the honor that he had"

I think this is exactly it. This is why we love players who try as hard as we would if we were good enough to play for Millwall.

As saddening as it it is it's also quite heartening and cathartic to see and read many of the positive stories and tributes to our chairman. He really was quite an amazing and inspiring human being. I just knew him be a decent geezer and good guardian of our club. I met him once and he was all i imagined, polite, genial and sincere. But what i learned over these last few days has filled me with nothing but warmth.