Oh the irony…

BigPaul

In a reflective moment today, my mind recalled one of the hoped for positive outcomes of the appointment of Joe Edwards. (Remember him?)

The outcome of which I speak is the eagerly awaited influx of young loan players from a certain prem club due to the connections with the aforementioned Joe Edwards.

Now, because I have a thoroughly wicked mind, it got to thinking if any of the young players representing said prem club at the Den on Wednesday evening might have been considered by those who had eagerly awaited said influx?

Personally, I think most of those players on display last night lack the moral fibre to involve themselves in something so grubby as a Championship relegation dog fight.
It’s a different world from rocking up to Cobham in your Porsche and caressing the ball round the immaculate turf for a couple of hours before relaxing with a shower and a massage before lunch.

Just saying…

I mean half of those who tried couldn’t even score a penalty, yet all of our lads who tried, scored. Funny old world, innit?

Wednesday night was under 18's and if we had taken anyone from them it would of been older ones that were on the verge of the first team, we still might end up with one this summer, I would of thought players would of been highlighted by Edwards and he would have had an idea of affordability so perhaps they will be looked at.

Wednesday night was under 18's and if we had taken anyone from them it would of been older ones that were on the verge of the first team, we still might end up with one this summer, I would of thought players would of been highlighted by Edwards and he would have had an idea of affordability so perhaps they will be looked at.
I know, but don't let the facts fuck up my thread, please. :grinning:

More seriously though, the players we might have had would have come through the same academy, with the same work ethic.

Last edited:
I know, but don't let the facts fuck up my thread, please. :grinning:

More seriously though, the players we might have had would have come through the same academy, with the same work ethic.
They live in a different world and have some of the most talented players at all age groups perhaps the best ones don't need to work hard.
I wouldn't see it as a problem with any loans though, once it comes to Championship football, especially with us, you need to work hard, you might get the odd luxury player like Carvalho at hull who thinks he is too good for hard work but generally you find young loans to be like BNC who know they have to graft to get a game.

I went to the youth game and got the impression the Chelsea players weren't enjoying the evening. Not because of any hostile atmosphere, because there wasn't one off the pitch, I think everyone recognised that these were only youth players and therefore they were spared the rightful abuse a senior Chelsea side would've received. They were uncomfortable because our lads were getting stuck into them, pressing when they were poncing about with it at the back, and maybe they are not used to that so much? I was watching our 4 being the midfield disruptor in the first half, he was a solid lad and the Chelsea midfielders did not seem to relish the physical challenge he was presenting; there was something Hurlock-esque about him wearing the no4. Then at one point Chelsea were doing their play it around at the back thing and our no8 came out of nowhere and like a crocodile snatching a kudu at the banks of a river snapped the centre back in half and won the ball... The Chelsea players just looked at each other slightly bewildered. Millllllll!

They live in a different world and have some of the most talented players at all age groups perhaps the best ones don't need to work hard.
I wouldn't see it as a problem with any loans though, once it comes to Championship football, especially with us, you need to work hard, you might get the odd luxury player like Carvalho at hull who thinks he is too good for hard work but generally you find young loans to be like BNC who know they have to graft to get a game.
Don't take my original post tooooo seriously.
It was a flippant dig at a multi multi millionaire club who, for all their money, couldn't beat little old Millwall. Albeit at U18 level. It must show we are doing SOMETHING right.

I went to the youth game and got the impression the Chelsea players weren't enjoying the evening. Not because of any hostile atmosphere, because there wasn't one off the pitch, I think everyone recognised that these were only youth players and therefore they were spared the rightful abuse a senior Chelsea side would've received. They were uncomfortable because our lads were getting stuck into them, pressing when they were poncing about with it at the back, and maybe they are not used to that so much? I was watching our 4 being the midfield disruptor in the first half, he was a solid lad and the Chelsea midfielders did not seem to relish the physical challenge he was presenting; there was something Hurlock-esque about him wearing the no4. Then at one point Chelsea were doing their play it around at the back thing and our no8 came out of nowhere and like a crocodile snatching a kudu at the banks of a river snapped the centre back in half and won the ball... The Chelsea players just looked at each other slightly bewildered. Millllllll!
Our number 4 is called Massey.
Even the knobs who were commentating selected him for very high praise and acknowledged his massive contribution when he went off.
They only just stopped short of wishing their midfield had performed like him, but they definitely alluded to it.

To continue your natural world analogy, we are like minnows swimming in clear water with a whole flock of kingfishers waiting on a tree branch above the water ready to dive in and pick our players off when they perform like that. (I know kingfishers don't flock, but you get my point)

To continue your natural world analogy, we are like minnows swimming in clear water with a whole flock of kingfishers waiting on a tree branch above the water ready to dive in and pick our players off when they perform like that. (I know kingfishers don't flock, but you get my point)
[/QUOTE]
F@cking hell, attenborough is wasted compared to you

F@cking hell, attenborough is wasted compared to you
[/QUOTE]
:grinning: I'm eloquent, me!:whist: