Norton Cuffy interview

The jury is still out for me, lots of skill (although overplays it sometimes) but like a lot of wing backs, can he actually defend? Which should be a defenders main job
Wing backs are in the team to be as attacking as they are defending. Some of the best wing backs in the world are awful full backs. But that’s why they play wing back and not full back

We seem to have built up a bit of trust with Arsenal when it comes to loaning defenders. Ballard was a better player after his stint with us.You could say the same for Cresswell. Credit to Rowett for that.

We seem to have built up a bit of trust with Arsenal when it comes to loaning defenders. Ballard was a better player after his stint with us.You could say the same for Cresswell. Credit to Rowett for that.
Cresswell? He wasn’t ever at Arsenal was he mate? 🤔

last home game Leonard had to play more of a right back roll
as cuffy was just jogging back after losing the ball
kid has got potential but for me needed to work a lot harder

I wasn't referring to posts on this thread.. I was simply talking generally about all of us.
Given recent history, and not so recent history, I thought it relevant.
Ok mate didn’t come across that way. But I do agree, I see it with certain players getting slagged even when they have played well. It’s easy to find fault, how many players can produce a perfect 90 minutes.

Do people genuinely believe DanMac is a good Championship defender? I've never seen someone so lightweight in this league for a defender & his attacking side of his game isn't any better...

Jury is out for me on Dmac.

I will say in fairness to DanMac, RWB is a very hard position! You're basically a Right Back and Right Mid/Winger in one as well as having to do the job of both positions!

Have to be somewhat understanding. To find a very good Wing Back is difficult, esp in the Championship as all the good Wing Backs play in the Premshite.

Norton-Cuffy is 19... First team for previous 3 Championship clubs. Championship Play off finalist.

DanMac is 24. Where was DanMac playing at 19??? In our academy, not coming through for another few years.

Perspective again, is a wonderful thing.

Premiership youth players are always going to get higher level placements.
But Danny played for Newport at 19 and St Johnson’s in the Scottish premiership, was so successful he was called back and has been playing regular Championship football for the last 2 year’s. This time last year everyone was worried he would go to QPR. Now apparently he is according to some on here totally useless.🤔

Premiership youth players are always going to get higher level placements.
But Danny played for Newport at 19 and St Johnson’s in the Scottish premiership, was so successful he was called back and has been playing regular Championship football for the last 2 year’s. This time last year everyone was worried he would go to QPR. Now apparently he is according to some on here totally useless.🤔

I'll be honest, I've never been a massive fan and never understood the hype for Danny.

I'll still stand by the fact that I don't think he was any better than Romeo. & People who say he's miles better, clearly still have a chip on their shoulder with the way he left/how he left etc.

Danny isn't a bad player, just not a Championship defender, yet IMO.

Comparing BNC's career to Danny, you can see the difference in prospect/potential.

Ok I get that about Romeo, but Do think that Danny is a championship defender who will get better. As for Cuffy his played only 1 season in the Championship all be it for 2 different clubs, so no I see no great difference apart from the fact he is an Arsenal player and if he does set the world alight with his talent he won’t be playing for us next season. But Danny will be and if he doesn’t get enough game time it will only harm his development, given that we normally expect players to reach their best years from 26 to 30