Non League Day today.

Edward Alistair

For a few years now non league has taken advantage of the International break to promote itself by offering deals to fans who wouldn't normally go to watch them.
Lewisham Borough FC are offering a free drink for anyone in the ground before 2.30.
Others offer cheap entry for ST holders of other clubs.

When I lived in brum for a while went to see some non league and came across Phil summerhill who I had an altercation with when we played at bury once ,he melted again just had he did so many times for us

Non league footy can

There are a fair few of those but I think you'll find the most passionate and dedicated fans in the lower leagues, it is where you see just how detached from the football fan the premiership football is.
I agree mate and they were very passionate when we went while over.. Though there were points when we had a bit of trouble being able to see the match (or, warm-ups in this instance).

View attachment 25568

I agree mate and they were very passionate when we went while over.. Though there were points when we had a bit of trouble being able to see the match (or, warm-ups in this instance).

View attachment 25568

You certainly find some 'different' football fans around these grounds, perhaps not great conversationalists if the subject veers away from football but if the local club with attendances of just a 100 gets you out the house, gives you something to look forward to and stops some having a lonely life, that is okay by me.
Our Non league football is unique in this world and should be looked after, which is why the Premiership money needs to filter down a lot further than it does.

You certainly find some 'different' football fans around these grounds, perhaps not great conversationalists if the subject veers away from football but if the local club with attendances of just a 100 gets you out the house, gives you something to look forward to and stops some having a lonely life, that is okay by me.
Our Non league football is unique in this world and should be looked after, which is why the Premiership money needs to filter down a lot further than it does.
Excellent post mate. Precisely what I've said myself before, though put much better, more precise (your post, that is..) - I enjoyed it very much, the missus as well. The home fans were completely loyal to their club.. completely.. spoke to innumerable people all of whom were top notch as regards the history of their club and locale. It was a great time. Things like non-league football (yours), our American Legion baseball clubs and even all the way down to school sporting clubs, factory softball/football clubs - keeps people involved at ground level, so-to-speak. I found it to my liking.

Just did a check for my nearest non league match. Bridlington Town v Pontefract Colleries. Now that sounds like a proper old school match.
Fuck me mate - Didn't know there were any collieries left in Ponte, let alone a football team!

Mentioned elsewhere, my son took his eldest boy to Sutton yesterday, he often does 15 minutes drive.

A totally different experience and I know my grandson likes being able walk around the ground, a bit like we could many years back at the “old” Den 🥲

They're not your average football fan. They're middle class lefties that think they're revolutionary and cool. They're not either of those things but they are annoying oddballs and cunts. Their ground is a short walk away from me and i hope it ends up as an Albanian owned car wash at some point in the near future. I say that cause they've ( the bandwagon jumping Ruperts) have turned the club into a platform for politics and virtue signalling.