No surprise really

That pub has a reputation for trouble. It was closed down for a while after a Preston fan was stabbed in the toilet. It is the only pub i have seen that has bouncers at 2pm

That pub has a reputation for trouble. It was closed down for a while after a Preston fan was stabbed in the toilet. It is the only pub i have seen that has bouncers at 2pm
It's the designated away fans pub on match days and is geared up for stag and hen do's the rest of the time, so the bouncers are very much needed, although they came unstuck with some of ours last season.

RIP fella.

No one should attend a football match and end up dying because of it!

The cunt that did it was arrested on a count of wounding - now he’s facing a murder charge!

Hope they throw the book at him!

Condolences to his immediate loved ones, family and friends!

RIP fella.

No one should attend a football match and end up dying because of it!

The cunt that did it was arrested on a count of wounding - now he’s facing a murder charge!

Hope they throw the book at him!

Condolences to his immediate loved ones, family and friends!
Careful - That is an away fan pub, what was the Blackpool fan doing there?

Not saying that is the case, but the Burnley lad could of been the one attacked, strange that he's been released pending further enquiries?

Careful - That is an away fan pub, what was the Blackpool fan doing there?

Not saying that is the case, but the Burnley lad could of been the one attacked, strange that he's been released pending further enquiries?
Indeed. Best to wait and find out the sp before going judge and jury on him. As you say, it was an away fans pub so what was Blackpool fans doing there! Was a mass brawl so sounds like a mob v another mob.

Last edited:
Blackpool turned up at the boozer where Burnley were drinking and attacked them. There’s a vid of it doing the rounds, it looks like a standard pissed up football brawl to be honest. Allegedly the bloke was at the front and took a dig and hit his head as he went down, tragic stuff but as the above posters state probably best left to the ob now. RIP to the fella.

Lost a mate many years ago to similar circumstances. Wall chap as well, having a tear up and hit his nut on the deck and died.

Lost a mate many years ago to similar circumstances. Wall chap as well, having a tear up and hit his nut on the deck and died.

Must have been horrible mate. I worked with a bloke from the Isle of Dogs a while back, a really nice fella. He was out with his missus and she was getting pestered by some drunken string and after a few warnings my colleague gave him a dig. Same thing, the bloke hit his head on the kerb and ended up in a coma, and for a while it looked like he wouldn’t pull through.

Thankfully he recovered but at one stage it looked like my pal could be looking at a murder or more likely a manslaughter charge. I saw first hand how it affected him and i don’t think he ever really come to terms with it despite him not getting convicted of anything.

I would imagine that there’s one or two blokes in Burnley going through that at this moment. Whatever went on I very much doubt that they went to football last weekend intending to end someone’s life. Sobering stuff.

Was that in Sheffield coming back from Leeds? He was a mate of my crowd too. We had to leave the wake of his funeral because a grieving uncle blamed us.

TG? Always thought it was West brom but a long time ago now mate.
There was two coaches of all the chaps, afterwards one coach was stopping off somewhere for a drink ( turned out it was Sheffield) and the other one was going straight back home. Tony got off the coach going straight home with a couple of others from our crowd and the rest of us went straight back home.