Next two games

STWall

As we're expected to lose they are a "free hit" games like the Premshit teams we beat in our 2016/17 FA Cup run, so let's give it a go and abandon GR's conservative and cautious approach! We need and want more of this:

COYLS!

You say “expected to lose” but there’s not much in the betting.
Bet356 go 13/8 Millwall & 31/20 Sheffield Utd so there’s only a fag paper between them.
Keep the faith

so let's give it a go and abandon GR's conservative and cautious approach!
The same approach that had us fifth in the table at the weekend? All managers have a style/ brand of football that they play and i doubt much will change, why should it? Because of one loss? No one wanted change or players that aren't up to it brought in from the under 21's before yesterday,

Last edited:
The same approach that had us fifth in the table at the weekend? All managers have a style/ brand of football that they play and i doubt much will change, why should it? Because of one loss? No one wanted change or players that aren't up to it brought in from the under 21's before yesterday,
It’s not one loss though is it Peckham? The general view is that GR is by nature very conservative in approach. This limits the natural talents in the team and stops them flourishing. This only manifests when we are chasing the game instead of imposing ourselves on the opposition from the off. However I take your point that we are where we are with GR. Although I believe we could achieve greater heights with a different philosophy.

It’s not one loss though is it
Well there was no threads bemoaning a defeat before yesterday.

The general view is that GR is by nature very conservative in approach.
Okay, the opposite is to go gunho with one shit striker and leave yourself open. We'd be down the bottom of the league. He is playing to our strengths.

This limits the natural talents in the team and stops them flourishing.
No it doesn't, if being fifth in the league ansd around the play off places isn't flourishing then i don't know what is. What natural talent? Flemming and who? We are in the main a team of decent journeymen bar a few. Who is this talent and how should Rowett change it tactically to suit you?

This only manifests when we are chasing the game instead of imposing ourselves on the opposition from the off.
You are talking about our away performances i pressume cause we have the second or third best home record in the country. Again, you need the players to dictate or take the game to someone.

At one point we only had the flash cunt that left for better things. We have slowly changed that when players attainable to us have become available. We're now a much better and balanced side, not sure we ever hit fifth in the league at this stage of the season when twinkle bollox was here.

Rowett has worked a mini miracle in my opinion. A team that was a one man band looking to just survive in the league. Season on season we have improved with incremental changes. If we could afford a 20 goal a season striker we'd be much better off. So with that in mind i don't think we're far off.

The other to thing think off is, who would do any better? We're a tough gig, many managers won't touch us with a barge pole. Our rep, small crowds meaning small income meaning fuck all to spend. We could bring in Mourinho but he'd only get so much out of these players because like Rowett who see's them each day would know there/our limitations. Frustrating at times mate but that's the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

Okay, the opposite is to go gunho with one shit striker and leave yourself open. We'd be down the bottom of the league. He is playing to our strengths.

No it doesn't, if being fifth in the league ansd around the play off places isn't flourishing then i don't know what is. What natural talent? Flemming and who? We are in the main a team of decent journeymen bar a few. Who is this talent and how should Rowett change it tactically to suit you?

You are talking about our away performances i pressume cause we have the second or third best home record in the country. Again, you need to players to dictate or take the game to someone.

At one point we only had the flash cunt that left for better things. We have slowly changed that when players attainable to us have become available. We're now a much better and balanced side, not sure we ever hit fifth in the league at this stage of the season when twinkle bollox was here.

Rowett has worked a mini miracle in my opinion. A team that was a one man band looking to just survive in the league. Season on season we have improved with incremental changes. If we could afford a 20 goal a season striker we'd be much better off. So with that in mind i don't think we're far off.

The other to thing think off is, who would do any better? We're a tough gig, many managers won't touch us with a barge pole. Our rep, small crowds meaning small income meaning fuck all to spend. We could bring in Mourinho but he'd only get so much out of these players because like Rowett who see's them each day would know there/our limitations. Frustrating at times mate but that's the nature of the beast.
I totally agree

Wd welcome changes in personnel- dove sav Billy Danny bradders must be running on empty - we have a decent squad - use it

You are talking about our away performances i pressume cause we have the second or third best home record in the country. Again, you need to players to dictate or take the game to someone.

Fair play Peckham. I understand your points and I believe there is scope for change and improvements to shift from the status quo as we can and have all predicted the likely scenario for each match. Love the tete-a-tete though mate. 😉

I believe there is scope for change and improvements
Well. we've brought in Burke and Watmore so i'd say the manager has been pro active in trying change and also improve things.It also depends on the players and how quickly they can adapt to shape/style of play. Doesn't always happen overnight but thankfully Watmore has already been a positive. Think with a player like Burke he'll drift in and out of games, look disinterested one minute then burst into life the next.

Well. we've brought in Burke and Watmore so i'd say the manager has been pro active in trying change and also improve things.It also depends on the players and how quickly they can adapt to shape/style of play. Doesn't always happen overnight but thankfully Watmore has already been a positive. Think with a player like Burke he'll drift in and out of games, look disinterested one minute then burst into life the next.
Hope Burke has changed from when he was here previously, had loads of pace but no ball control at all.