New Sky deal

northern lion

It’s reported that the Championship clubs will receive a 46% increase in TV money. I’ve no idea what that figure would be. However important for the clubs finances that we stay up.

That seems to cover most of it.
I think for us our current 8m becomes nearer 12m per season, although it just means more money for players and agents and not tickets prices being lowered.

• From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and Club streaming services
What the fuck does that mean?

• From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and Club streaming services
This…
In total, 1,059 EFL matches are set to be broadcast across existing Sky Sports channels or live via a Sky Sports streaming destination available on TV and mobile devices.

Non-Sky subscribers can stream all the EFL action and get access to all 12 Sky Sports channels, contract-free with a NOW Day or Month Membership.

I read further down and audio visual coverage will remain as now for international viewers and audio only in UK.

I think for us our current 8m becomes nearer 12m per season, although it just means more money for players and agents and not tickets prices being lowered.
We are relatively good payers. You have to be in this division and being London based. We probably do more on wages than transfers but we get championship football in return.

If you get a season ticket you get a good deal. Obviously that doesn't suit everyone. The club can charge a walk punter £30 and upwards for that seat 23 times a year. Then there's the money that ticket owner will spend elsewhere around the ground.

The Euro tourists nearly always have a bag of tat from the club shop. Add that to the match ticket and food/ drink purchased and you're probably not far off £70 per head. I'm not much use to them. I rarely spend a penny in the ground. I dare say that's there's plenty like me. I go to a cafe before i get to the ground and don't need to eat or drink while i'm there. The club has to earn money from somewhere even if it does just go on players wages.

Last edited:
I will never agree that the more money coming in should go to players and agents whist our ticket prices rise, I know we have to do it all the time the others do but a stand needs to be taken somewhere, football needs a reset.
I think in 1988 we paid £3.50 to stand on the terrace , the internet tells me that equates to less than a tenner now, even if you equate it to beer that was around 3 pints in those days and with a seat being over £30 today it means we are paying a huge amount when the clubs are being given millions by TV.

Soccerway is a website with all football statistics on it and when you see players stats where they have played only 30 hours of football over the last 3 years and made themselves a million or two in the process you have to think what the hell is going on.