Neil harris

1 point off 2nd place!!!
They were heading for the Conference before he took over then an American took over and gave him money and he has put a team together that is competing for automatic promotion.
Drawn 1 lost 2 of their last 3 games can't be the reason for it, must be more to it.

Dave Livermore sacked alongside him too. A lit of their supporters have said the team are too defensive and can't score goals.

It's odd down there. My kids have got season tickets and from what they say, Harris was never popular and the football is really boring. I think because it's division 4, fans expect a bit of excitement. If they want boring, tactical football they can watch the Prem. Just look at how many goals have been scored by the likes of Swindon (27). 8 teams have scored more than 20, Gillingham are joint bottom with 9

It's odd down there. My kids have got season tickets and from what they say, Harris was never popular and the football is really boring. I think because it's division 4, fans expect a bit of excitement. If they want boring, tactical football they can watch the Prem. Just look at how many goals have been scored by the likes of Swindon (27). 8 teams have scored more than 20, Gillingham are joint bottom with 9

When you put it like that, It makes sense then.

I'd assume regardless of form etc, Gillingham would be one of the favs to go up from League 2. To only score 9 goals when teams like Swindon are scoring 27.. becomes a bit of an eye opener.

But goals conceded comes into play. Still, nowhere near enough goals scored.

Harris was never known for his attacking style of play. We won so many games by the odd goal or 2. 1-0 was a favourite scoreline of Harris, a wins a win, whether you score 54 goals or 1. It's the same points tally and that's the tally that counts.

Something not quite right with this dismissal, especially with a team 1 pt off second place after 10 games.

Here's hoping he finds a new job soon.Soinds like a strange situation as until eecently they were setting the pace in the division......before the rowett our brigade start.....we've been there and got that tshirt

Here's hoping he finds a new job soon.Soinds like a strange situation as until eecently they were setting the pace in the division......before the rowett our brigade start.....we've been there and got that tshirt
Going back to a club for a 2nd time rarely works out, although in years to come I can imagine him back at the club in another capacity.
In the meantime Southend have a new owner, if he has enough money he might be able to tempt Harris to start their resurrection.

Wow that's mental. Joint 19 points with the teams in the playoff positions above them. I smell a rat. Sounds like someone's mate at the club has stuck the boot in & has been lined up. I shall enjoy watching this come back to bite them on the arse.