N/W Fascinating Little Bermondsey Doc

Butlet",s Wharf was to
the left of Courage"s Brewery
That Wharf handled a lot of fruits from the Mediterranean. There was.a good.pub in Shad Thames called 'The Old Justice".

Butlet",s Wharf was to
That Wharf handled a lot of fruits from the Mediterranean. There was.a good.pub in Shad Thames called 'The Old Justice".
Still there obes, if you mean the one on bermondsey wall, mate was running it about 15+ years ago when we were away to west ham, he was gonna "open" early just for about 15 of us (mates) but word got out and by about 10.00 pub was packed with loads outside as well, same when my lot organised early starts at Prince of Wales (plough way) and the Adam (Brunel road) when away to that lot.

Butlet",s Wharf was to
That's further down past what was Chambers Wharf, I understand its been opened back up.

That's the one Rotherhithe, I always called the area Shad Thames. My old dad used to go over there from Shadwell for a lunchtime drink with.his mates,and he often walked it from Shadwell.

Ber.mondsey Exile Chamber's Wharf was next door to Butler's going down river. They used to load and discharge the Dutch ships of Hollandsche Stoomboot that ran to Amsterdam. Is'nt Butler's where there is really upmarket restaurant? Can't remember it's name, Pont de la Toure" ?

That's the one Rotherhithe, I always called the area Shad Thames. My old dad used to go over there from Shadwell for a lunchtime drink with.his mates,and he often walked it from Shadwell.

Ber.mondsey Exile Chamber's Wharf was next door to Butler's going down river. They used to load and discharge the Dutch ships of Hollandsche Stoomboot that ran to Amsterdam. Is'nt Butler's where there is really upmarket restaurant? Can't remember it's name, Pont de la Toure" ?
Is that French for Pie and Mash ?

Everybody you may well be right but doubt if the "Frogs" would appreciTe good, solid food such as P&M, let alone Stewed Eels.
My girlfriend is French and she loves pie and mash. What’s more she tells her friends how good it is too.
She loves the liqueur too.

That's right, quite a few Conran restaurants there. All of that stretch of river was my playground as a kid, unrecognisable from those days...