My greatest Lions

Didn't always agree with my dad on this. He would have Eamon Dunphy first name on his list. Right or wrong, how we could do with his equivalent these days.
I think De Norre has the potential to be another Dunphy but hasn’t yet had the opportunity to show us what he’s capable of.

My best 11 from c. 1987/8 onwards is probably

Keller
Cunningham
Cooper
Hutchinson
Dawes
Carter
Hurlock
Cahill (although I almost went for Rae)
Ifill or Reid
Teddy
Sadlier in his pomp. Or Harris pre-illness.

I think if Sads and Harris hadn't had such bad luck, we would have romped the league that first season back in the Championship.

I’d say you have to decide on the best players on a number of factors, the obvious would be the league they played in but there’s also the impact a player has had in a given period based on the challenges the club faced at the time.

On this basis, and bearing in mind im a late 40yo a rough guess would be:

Horne
Shaggy
Robinson
Nethercot
Thatcher
Reid
Cahill
Hurlock
Ifill
Harris
Teddy

My best 11 from c. 1987/8 onwards is probably

Keller
Cunningham
Cooper
Hutchinson
Dawes
Carter
Hurlock
Cahill (although I almost went for Rae)
Ifill or Reid
Teddy
Sadlier in his pomp. Or Harris pre-illness.

I think if Sads and Harris hadn't had such bad luck, we would have romped the league that first season back in the Championship.
Happy with most of that but not either Ifill or Reid geez.

I reckon Rhino and Robbo would have been a great pairing. Sheer guts, toughness, passion and commitment. They both went into warrior mode out on the pitch.
Sometimes Peckham i cant pick one player over another, we have had so many quality players in the same position. it took me ages to pick Nevers next to Rhino, and now you say Robbo and i cant think of a reason why not.