Moving the ball

Lionsteele

It’s going to take some time. This season is about staying in the division now.

To me, apart from the first 20 minutes everything was so slow. It seemed like we tried to play football then when we came under pressure we reverted back to the old style. Obviously that’s going to come with the change in tactics.

I don’t think Saville dropping deeper than De Norre is going to last long. Made us deeper & gave us more problems going forward. Saville is meant to be the more forward thinking CM from the two.

Anyway, not much time to think as away again on Tuesday but interesting to see if he sticks with Wallace at LB. Personally wouldn’t mind Longman there, he isnt effective enough on the wing imo & Murray could take a rest after that.

On to the next!

Thought we moved the ball well in the first half, but same problem passes Intercepted , rather Nisbet given a start over Bradshaw.
Saville‘s game was nullified after his booking .

Thought we moved the ball well in the first half, but same problem passes Intercepted , rather Nisbet given a start over Bradshaw.
Saville‘s game was nullified after his booking .
Yeah Nisbet should get a game now.

It was but him dropping so deep made it more difficult to get out imo

Lots of passing but going nowhere, that's alright if you are winning , lone striker is not working as the other " Striker "Fleming is a waste of space and was he actually playing ? , Wallace was roasted every time and needs to either play in the centre or on the bench, nice to see no or hardly any hapless punts up field but in the final third we were dire , anyway let's see what happens wednesday

What's the opinion with Fleming ? .....did not know he was on the field yesterday and it's not the first time this season , does he warrant a start cause he defo not a partner for bradshaw....gets a odd goal and he,s everyone's favourite but not strong enough on or off the ball for me, would love for him to have a bigger influence on a regular basis

What's the opinion with Fleming ? .....did not know he was on the field yesterday and it's not the first time this season , does he warrant a start cause he defo not a partner for bradshaw....gets a odd goal and he,s everyone's favourite but not strong enough on or off the ball for me, would love for him to have a bigger influence on a regular basis
I certainly think he needs someone on the same wavelength as him and someone feed off. I think he's a bit like Wallace was in a way as in he needs to given a free role because players of that ilk want to create and make things happen. They're never happy looking for scraps or without the ball. This new fella has certainly got his work cut out trying to piece things together. Ipswich at home are averaging 3 goals per game, it could be another kick in the teeth that we don't need.

I take it that you're going?

Flemming has really disappointed me since the final 10 or so games at the end of last season. He goes missing most of the time and occasionally gets the ball and runs himself into trouble. His footballing brain is lacking as he fails to see or anticipate when a team mate is making a move into an attacking position. I am starting to think we should have taken an offer for him last season. Sorry to say this but I think we saw the best of him last season.
He Is no better than Watmore in my opinion.

I’d like to see Esse given a crack in Fleming’s role just behind the striker.

Fleming isn’t a striker, nor midfielder but an attacking forward. Teams are on to him after last season, no wonder he’s not hitting the notes this season with a lack of creativity in midfield and the wings. This team lacks balance from wing to wing and front to back. Playing Tom on his own up top has and always means we have little goal threat.

Nessy would face the same problem as Brads. No through balls. Brads runs his balls off and called for the ball when in good positions. For some reason no one thought to play the ball to him. This has been wall sproblem for ages. We are fixated on going down the wings.

Why? Bradshaw runs his nuts off. Its not down to him that no one gets the ball to him. Midfielders need a kick in the arse to play the ball to him and stop behaving like crabs, passing wide all the time. This is so obvious its becoming annoying.

I certainly think he needs someone on the same wavelength as him and someone feed off. I think he's a bit like Wallace was in a way as in he needs to given a free role because players of that ilk want to create and make things happen. They're never happy looking for scraps or without the ball. This new fella has certainly got his work cut out trying to piece things together. Ipswich at home are averaging 3 goals per game, it could be another kick in the teeth that we don't need.

I take it that you're going?
yes it's quite local for me & should be a good game if the millwall "away" team turn up

Think its more about attitude than ability, we have not done well against the bottom teams and last season we blew a definite play off place with 6 games to go, which makes me think that our players have a bad attitude thinking they only have to turn up to win.

Happens too often to be coincidence.

Think its more about attitude than ability, we have not done well against the bottom teams and last season we blew a definite play off place with 6 games to go, which makes me think that our players have a bad attitude thinking they only have to turn up to win.

Happens too often to be coincidence.
I have always said psychology is a massive thing in football. In fact all sport. Why do we have FA cup upsets.?